Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Medway, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a the same itinerary on 9/5 leaving on 9/8. (perfect Catherdral/Summit/Knife Edge day Friday). Just enough for the round trip. I did turn off the climate and the interior lights, and din't lose that much. I did hear a comment on one of the Tesla podcasts that a "camping" mode might be coming in V10. Wasn't sure if it was an entertainment thing or a real, shut it all down to save charge idea.

That threads suggests Keep Climate On and other tips for Model 3 camping:

Model 3 camper mode equivalent

Obviously, a dedicated mode makes things easier since there would be no settings to reset.

I did hear a comment on one of the Tesla podcasts that a "camping" mode might be coming in V10. Wasn't sure if it was an entertainment thing or a real, shut it all down to save charge idea.

"Camping' mode, when it has been described before, has had nothing to do with saving energy if you happened to be out in the woods. Rather it has been a mode that the car could go into if you intended to sleep in your car. Climate would stay on, lights and touchscreen would go off, and so on.

Reactions: Big Earl
These were not here yesterday!

Attachments

• A51C0061-B10A-45C9-8FD2-1BA27C35DCE6.jpeg
    A51C0061-B10A-45C9-8FD2-1BA27C35DCE6.jpeg
    482.3 KB · Views: 161
Hey MaineReason - I had to do a double-take when I saw your handle. Nice to see you here.

Hey JSergeant!

Yep, finally got on here. Looking forward to todays long ride up north in the Model 3. Visiting my oldest son at the Maine School of Science and Mathematics for the weekend, where he's a 1st Year (9th grade) there.

Hoping that new Supercharger is up and running in Medway, Maine and I will check out the one in Saint Leonard, NB for sure.

We all miss you over at the WhatsApp group. You were a popular subject there yesterday afternoon :) .

Permitted , confirmed 9/15/18
Big Stop just off the highway. There is construction for new tanks and gas pumps and they may be waiting until that is finished but the installation may actually be at the adjacent park and drive area.

A riverside park just down the road has 40 A on a pole in the meantime. Ran onto a little Tesla time with a BMW3 owner who wants a Model 3 and his daughter has a Mini but wants a Model X. Not so boondocks after all.

Whoever activated the sites in Canada probably isn't authorized to work in the US. It may require a separate team for the locations in Maine.
I was considering that possibility as well. Seems likely that they'll try to get all Maine under construction sites done in one trip to the area. Not sure what the current state of the Skowhegan site means (ie. will it delay activation of Portland, Medway and Jackman until this site is also ready).

Meanwhile they are getting ready for our visit
@KatahdinScenic: Our friends at @OurKatahdin are making amazing progress at 230 Penobscot in Millinocket, Maine! The beautiful upper windows have been exposed, new windows to be installed, siding and trim colors chosen, It's on the Welcome - Katahdin Woods & Waters Scenic Byway (OFFICIAL WEBSITE)
Welcome to Millinocket!- Visit Maine. Katahdin Scenic Bwy on Twitter

@KatahdinScenic: PLANNING A ROAD TRIP on the Katahdin Woods & Waters Scenic Byway? Make sure to check our interpretive panels for maps, trail suggestions, local history and resources. PLAN YOUR VISIT: Welcome - Katahdin Woods & Waters Scenic Byway (OFFICIAL WEBSITE) - Visit Maine! #katahdin #MaineThing Katahdin Scenic Bwy on Twitter

Reactions: ArcticStation