Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Medway, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gwgan

Almost a wagon
Aug 11, 2013
Maine
Permitted , confirmed 9/15/18
Big Stop just off the highway. There is construction for new tanks and gas pumps and they may be waiting until that is finished but the installation may actually be at the adjacent park and drive area.

A riverside park just down the road has 40 A on a pole in the meantime. Ran onto a little Tesla time with a BMW3 owner who wants a Model 3 and his daughter has a Mini but wants a Model X. Not so boondocks after all.

Big Stop just off the highway. There is construction for new tanks and gas pumps and they may be waiting until that is finished but the installation may actually be at the adjacent park and drive area.

A riverside park just down the road has 40 A on a pole in the meantime. Ran onto a little Tesla time with a BMW3 owner who wants a Model 3 and his daughter has a Mini but wants a Model X. Not so boondocks after all.
Nice.
I assume you meant 8/15/18?

This is good news!

Do you have a link to some documentation that shows this is permitted and/or additional details?

I stopped by this spot yesterday for gas in my Ford Ranger (shhhh!) and had to wait for a pump. I think that traffic of all types will be picking up at this Medway exit as well as the ones north in Patten as the region redevelops into more of a tourist place. I think the owners here (Irving?) are putting some investment into this stop as traffic numbers rebound. Superchargers fit right in with that.

I didn't notice any Tesla-specific construction yet, but the park and ride area looks like something of a work in progress overall.

Went thru Medway yesterday and could find no evidence of anything happening. Inside the store the clerk had no idea what I was talking about. Frost is due tonight. A freeze up isn't going to be far away. Maybe in the spring after Tesla gets it finances in shape things will happen. If I had driven the S it would have been at least a couple hours at the BSP HQ level 2 charger. Couldn't afford the time and drove the ICE.

The idea of a meet up/rally for KW2NM is terrific! Last time I was there (3 years ago) you needed a 4x4 to navigate the loop road. They are improving the road and it should be able to take my S with the suspension on high next summer.

No but on Canadian CHAdeMO charging, RiverBrick stated an hour ago that FLO installed a charger in Saint-Stephen, if it does anything.
8568B0CF-8AE0-47C7-A670-44C13FBA8542.jpeg

I stopped by yesterday and noticed that a goodly section to the right (east) of the park and ride lot was fenced off by a construction crew. They had poured a concrete pad and trenched along the back of the lot. There was gravel in the trench and numerous, PVC electrical conduits coming up out of the ground near the concrete pad. I didn't take any pictures because the construction guys looked at me funny as I watched them. I suppose I could have asked what they were making, but, well, I was too shy, lol. I didn't see any Tesla-specific equipment and the whole lot is still somewhat rough, so I can't definitively say this is the beginning of construction. I'm traveling between Boston and Houlton again this weekend and perhaps I'll stop in, but given the location of the trenching along the back perimeter of the lot and next to the park and ride area, along with obvious underground electrical work, I'd bet this is the Supercharger. I'm just not sure enough of it to suggest the status be updated to CONSTRUCTION at Supercharger.info.

Have a great weekend all.