Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Melbourne (Box Hill), Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

moa999

2020 3 SR+ MSM
Mar 4, 2020
Sydney, AUS
Looks like we've got one of the Q1 2023 sites under construction.

The Nunawading / Wheelers Hill site in Melbourne East.
Matches the HomeCo Box Hill address that momentarily appeared a few weeks back, though that still has the seemingly spurious Wheelers Hill title.

With thanks to Bruce on the TM3YAU FB group.

Screenshot_20221103-190041~2.png

Last edited:
It's in a larger HomeCo site (I think ex- Masters).
No Supermarkets but a Decathlon, and the GyG restaurant/Mexican fastfood is open 7am-midnight according to Google.

Not perfect I agree but I think finding city sites with sufficient power isn't easy.
There are public toilets in there as well, probably same hours as GyG. Also a short walk to bunnings, plus a bunch of other food options 200m down Middleborough Road.

Reactions: AussieOwner
Quite a lot of earthworks. Hard to tell until concrete and pipes go in.
We might also see part superchargers, part destination chargers (as we got at Margaret River) which imho is more appropriate for a suburban site with shopping facilities.

Probably a good option for apartment dwellers, there’re lots of them in Box Hill. Installing EV chargers in apartment parking lots is still PITA

Installing 20 destination chargers at Box Hill Central would be a better way to solve for this need in my view.

With the current cost of supercharging, it is not very economical as an apartment owner to charge there solely.

Installing 20 destination chargers at Box Hill Central would be a better way to solve for this need in my view.

With the current cost of supercharging, it is not very economical as an apartment owner to charge there solely.
The number of Tesla owners who don't have access to overnight Level 2 chargers will only increase over time. I think sooner or later Tesla will introduce a subscription model where you could pay much less per kWh as long as you commit to spend certain amount of $ per month

Reactions: AussieOwner
4 boxes.. so possibly a 12-stall site (assuming the usual 3:1, other than Tenterfield).

Reportedly also some deliveries at Wollongong but no photos yet.

At least that suggest to me that this site won't be substantially delayed as the Wheeler Hill change (in recent weeks dot moved from Q1 2023 to Q4 2023) suggested. Maybe they meant Q4 2022. :)

Last edited:
Latest photos on Plugshare suggest 10 stalls. That seems strange though when V3 superchargers usually come in groups of 3.
Thanks. Hadn't looked at the Plugshare entry recently. Does look like 10 then based on the digging.

So looks like there will be two end stalls that would be ideal for those with plugs on the opposite side (if Tesla opens these ones up)

Reactions: dmov