Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Melville, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: The first ten posts in this thread are a consolidation of posts from two different threads about this Supercharger site.

Heard from Tesla “store” in Walt Whitman mall,Huntington,that new bank of SC are being planned in the Dicks sporting goods store. Was told about this several days ago. Fingers crossed

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard from Tesla “store” in Walt Whitman mall,Huntington,that new bank of SC are being planned in the Dicks sporting goods store. Was told about this several days ago. Fingers crossed
Interesting. That would match Tesla's pin for Melville but mean that there wasn't currently one on their map for the second Plainview location this thread is about. I checked and there is a dig notice from March that could potentially be for supercharger construction in that Dick's location--Search and Status. Nothing explicitly tying it to Tesla, but they've had plenty of locations with similarly nondescript notices before.

So, if anyone is in the area, swing by and check it out. The described area is in the parking lot between Dick's and Uncle Giuseppe's market (834 Walt Whitman Rd).

Interesting. That would match Tesla's pin for Melville but mean that there wasn't currently one on their map for the second Plainview location this thread is about. I checked and there is a dig notice from March that could potentially be for supercharger construction in that Dick's location--Search and Status. Nothing explicitly tying it to Tesla, but they've had plenty of locations with similarly nondescript notices before.

So, if anyone is in the area, swing by and check it out. The described area is in the parking lot between Dick's and Uncle Giuseppe's market (834 Walt Whitman Rd).
I used to work across the Expressway from there, at an office building on Old Country Road.

This would be a GREAT location in a major business district. Expect the stations to be filled with many executives. XD

County: SUFFOLK
Place: MELVILLE
Dig Address: 834
Dig Street: WALT WHITMAN RD
Intersecting Street: NORTHERN STATE PKWY
Second Intersecting Street: UNKNOWN
Location of Work:STARTING AT THE SOUTHERN MOST ENTRANCE TO THE MELVILLE MALL, HEAD EAST FOR 230FT, AT THIS POINT MARK ANY GRASSY AREA HEADING NORTH FOR 140FT. ALL WORK WILL BE DONE WITHIN THE PARKING LOT THAT IS BETWEEN UNCLE GIUSEPPES AND DICKS SPORTING GOODS STORE
Remarks: AREA OF MARKOUT IS PAINTING IN ORANGE PAINT.
Map Coord NW Lat: 40.8009112
Lon: -73.4143340
SE Lat: 40.7956243
Lon: -73.4074572

new sc planned for this location great addition

Reactions: corywright
Location of Work:STARTING AT THE SOUTHERN MOST ENTRANCE TO THE MELVILLE MALL, HEAD EAST FOR 230FT, AT THIS POINT MARK ANY GRASSY AREA HEADING NORTH FOR 140FT. ALL WORK WILL BE DONE WITHIN THE PARKING LOT THAT IS BETWEEN UNCLE GIUSEPPES AND DICKS SPORTING GOODS STORE

Can you move this out of the Plainview conversation and create a Melville thread?

@MarcoRP @mociaf9 Is this location actually the one on 110 in Melville? Just saw this on Facebook, but not seeing it in the right location on the map.
Screenshot_20220306-175944_Facebook.jpg

My wife just mentioned these chargers to me the other day. We always go to that Uncle Guiseppe’s and I was just there
last week…..didn’t even notice them lol. I live 5-10min away from there, so it’s a super convenient location for me. Although I’d never really need it since I charge at home lol.

My guess is the parking spots are needed to meet the minimum zoning requirement so they cannot be restricted. Big shopping days are usually not big travel days, so probably won't be an issue. Best way to prevent ICEing is to fill the spaces with Teslas!