Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Menifee, CA (LIVE 30 Sep 2019, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supercharged here this morning. 1/3 of the stalls blocked off. They were digging new trenches in between the current supercharger pedestal bases, and laying in the blocked off stall parking spaces were concrete forms that looked like they could/would fit in these new trenches.

The forms had an oval shape to them just like regular supercharger bases, but about twice as big. I should have snapped a pic. I wonder if they are some type of new "double supercharger" type of base hmmmm ???

I'll be back next at this supercharger next Tuesday, and investigate further.

Supercharged here this morning. 1/3 of the stalls blocked off. They were digging new trenches in between the current supercharger pedestal bases, and laying in the blocked off stall parking spaces were concrete forms that looked like they could/would fit in these new trenches.

The forms had an oval shape to them just like regular supercharger bases, but about twice as big. I should have snapped a pic. I wonder if they are some type of new "double supercharger" type of base hmmmm ???

I'll be back next at this supercharger next Tuesday, and investigate further.
Weird. You can see from the pics upstream (see post #30) that there was conduit run for an additional 3 Supercharger cabinets presumably good for another 6 posts, though I didn't see exactly where the posts would go.

Could someone post some kind of visual confirmation of that expansion being completed? Like a picture with the new stalls, or a screenshot from the nav or mobile app with an updated stall count?

(The Tesla "find us" map shows 13 stalls which as far as I know was never correct.)

Thanks!

Bruce.

As of Friday 9/3 during my last charging session here - they were still completing pedestal installation, hooking up the cabinets, and lots of holes in the ground still needed backfill. So I myself kind of doubt the new stalls are operational yet, pending completion/testing/permit inspection etc.

I will check back in here on Tuesday 9/7 with a status report. All the pedestals, pic taken 8/31:

menifee_expansion.JPG

I can confirm the new V2’s here rock, 10A with an initial 139kW@47%SOC.

EDIT:
A gentleman pulled into 8A and got nothing, he moved to an old stall to charge. So not all is well in charger expansion land.
I came in at low SOC and tried new ones seemed same to me not really improvement …would have been nice to make some V3s ..I know they have some sites where they did mix V2s and 3s ..

So I noticed this supercharger is now listed as a 250kW. Haven't stopped by to see if its all the stations, or just the newest ones.

View attachment 719569

Another possibility is that it's just a mistake in a database somewhere. The source of truth is the physical hardware, not what's on the app.

Bruce.

Reactions: Chuq and mociaf9
Another possibility is that it's just a mistake in a database somewhere. The source of truth is the physical hardware, not what's on the app.

Bruce.
That's my take right now, until someone physically verifies V3 pedestals/cabinets. My mind's eye only recalls everything being V2 (pedestals, cabinets, actual charge rates), but next time I am out in Menifee I will verify (sure would be nice to get accurate onsite reporting from a local 😉 ).

I also put in a request for supercharge.info to update from 14 to 20 stalls at this location.

Last edited: