Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Menifee, CA (LIVE 30 Sep 2019, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little googling led me to this press release from the City of Menifee, CA on I-215 between Riverside and Temecula:

Tesla owners will soon be able to Supercharge in Menifee. The company was recently approved to install one of its patented Supercharger stations capable of providing power to 14 vehicles at the Target parking lot located at 30340 Haun Rd. Tesla owners will be able to charge their vehicles in approximately 30 minutes at the location.

30340 Haun Road, Menifee CA 92584

Went by this shopping center for lunch today and the station is under construction! It will be at the southwest corner of the Target parking lot. I was driving by in busy lunch traffic so I did not get a picture, but will try to take one later.

BTW, this is my first TMC post after lurking for over a year:)
Updated! Good job on the find and awaiting photos :)

Menifee, CA

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: I-215

To: Barstow, CA - 99.6 miles
Diversion: 1.9 miles
To: Yermo, CA - 115.2 miles

A Supercharger along I-215 to allow people to travel the shorter route.

546D20D7-0ADB-497A-B789-5DF4C1F1AFF4.jpeg
FE97B523-4252-4E9B-9E1F-0DE9E138A853.jpeg
F9F826D8-D28B-4312-A61B-75B903C90C49.jpeg
E125FF8A-1FC9-423F-8E94-4AF2CF855F30.jpeg
5374D244-7A20-4D33-911C-364C1CA3C5D0.jpeg
Passing through today, decided to stop and grab some pics to share. Excellent location.

A little googling led me to this press release from the City of Menifee, CA on I-215 between Riverside and Temecula:

30340 Haun Road, Menifee CA 92584
I reached out to the supercharging team around November 2018 and made a case of installing supercharging station in Menifee. My original proposal was to put it within Menifee Lakes Plaza. There's a lot of things to do here while charging your EV. There's, LA fitness at that time. Now, we've got a grocery store, coffee shops and other retail stores. I remember it was 3 pages document and submitted to the team. But I'm glad they put this one close to Target. Again, I'm very thankful for Tesla management and city of Menifee for making this project possible that driving along I-215 will a lot more convenient to all tesla owners and new owners in the future.

It is also a good stopping point along the I-215 because you don't have to go to Temecula parking structure which is located in the 3rd floor. I believe Moreno SC is not on-line yet. Menifee SC is more conducive for drivers taking I-79, and I-215.

Are these urban or normal SCs ? This is great I can bypass cabazon on way to SD ;)
I believe it's a urban supercharger.
No, It'll be traditional style 150 kW chargers, not urban (72 kW). This opinion is based on the precast base for the superchargers seen at this location. It's best visible in the second picture N13MS uploaded in post #9 of this thread (and attached again below). The precast bases for urban superchargers are different. They are more rectangular and have a single squarish hole in the middle as opposed to these more oval bases with 2 round holes near the oval's foci. If you're unfamiliar with the urban bases, check out the photos in this post of the San Ramon - Diablo Plaza thread for good, clear examples.

fe97b523-4252-4e9b-9e1f-0de9e138a853-jpeg.424122

Wow! So we go from a City of Menifee press release a month ago to significant completion today? Bravo Tesla! From the looks of these pics from Blue Star, it's realistic that this thing opens by the end of the month.

This gives me hope that in SD County we may actually see even more capacity added/completed before the year is out as promised on Tesla's website.

• Funny
Reactions: GHammer