Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Menlo Park, CA (LIVE 21 Nov 2019, 18 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bxr140

Nov 18, 2014
Bay Area
I’ve been annoyed with the construction effort going on at the Sharon Park plaza (off San Hill) over the past few weeks.

Showed up for our morning Starbucks today and was pleasantly surprised to see the construction is for an urban supercharger site. Looks almost complete. It’s in the back, on the other side of Starbucks from the main parking lot. They had to pull power from the other side of Safeway!

CCF90BC7-E994-4D1B-BD30-8BBDC6A765ED.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh so west of the Stanford Shopping Center and Stanford U. and near the Accelerator Lab. Yeah definitely not going to be a popular location ;) . Gives people traveling 280 a convenient place not far from it to exit and charge. The 280 corridor has been kind of ignored playing more to 101 traffic in that part of the Peninsula. I am glad to see more SC locations coming on line this year.

Oh so west of the Stanford Shopping Center and Stanford U. and near the Accelerator Lab. Yeah definitely not going to be a popular location ;) . Gives people traveling 280 a convenient place not far from it to exit and charge. The 280 corridor has been kind of ignored playing more to 101 traffic in that part of the Peninsula. I am glad to see more SC locations coming on line this year.
Tbh the distance between san jose and rohnert park is so small that on 280 i was easily able to skip all the chargers between in my SD85 even at 80 percent charge, but 280 could use a little attention for those out of towners that find themselves in a bind.

Definitely going to be a lot of Teslas around. I used to work at SLAC and I ordered the Model S in Sept 2012. But by the time I took delivery in Feb 2013, there were already 3 or 4 others before me.

I go this little strip mall every few months. I was wondering about that build out in my favorite (not so secret) place to park. The regular part of that parking lot is super strange and a pain to get in and out of, so I got in the habit of using the back of this little mall.

Interesting location. Not that I'd ever actually charge there (except to add to my tally - 140)....

I had noticed that construction and wondered...

What's there:
Starbucks, CVS, small Safeway, yogurt shop, Japanese restaurant, deli, hair cut place, liquor store, shoe repair, travel agent, UPS, a hat store, and a BofA through the currently closed walkway.

Not much really but "enough".

Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
Are those individual transformers on each of the suc Cabinets? This does not look like a typical urban charger install?
Yes, those are the autotransformers (buck-boost transformers). Not all supercharger sites have them, but most do nowadays. And placing them on top of the supercharger cabinets is one of the 3 positions they get placed, depending on the site. The other two being pad mounted separately or stacked on an H-frame. Totally typical.

Is this also the Woodside supercharger then? I remember Woodside being a future SC location on Tesla's map.

Most likely it is the "Woodside" supercharger from the forecasted map, although its not at all in Woodside, but solidly in Menlo Park on the East side of 280. And honestly a better location for most with more services.