Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Menlo Park, CA (LIVE 21 Nov 2019, 18 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Entire caged area was resealed and lines painted yesterday.

There’s also one equipment pad on the south [east] end of the construction site that has open conduit, and then the four north chargers also have open (but capped?) conduit behind them I’m not an electrical guy so I don’t know what they could be.

View attachment 435055 View attachment 435056
The big empty pad in the first picture is for the utility transformer that will eventually be installed before the site gets energized. The smaller pads behind the 4 northern charging posts are for supercharger cabinets that haven't been installed yet. Current best guess is that they laid in the underground work to support up to an 8 stall expansion (i.e. 4 additional cabinets) for this location at some point in the future.

So the wait for that transformer begins....

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Reactions: mociaf9
I went by to check it out today. All the SC’s still have some cable covering on them, so maybe not active at all. The ones on the RIGHT there don’t seem to be the same infrastructure in place like on the LEFT side, but there seem to be pads and large conduits going into the ground as if more physical infrastructure is still required.

Some may be operational soon.

• Informative
Reactions: Blu Zap
This look ready to go. (Not that I'm an expert in these things.) The fences are gone and everything is painted up and purty and clean looking. Does anyone see anything missing that should be there before it can be turned on?
View attachment 442127

To the left of where the picture was taken, almost at the end of the parking lot is the transformer pad. Is the PG&E transformer installed now? As of the 3rd it was still missing.

Thanks. I think it's still empty. If you look at the far-right side of my picture, you can see what looks like a capped-off pad. Is that it?
No, those are pre-placed conduit to support a future expansion to add more stalls. The pad for the transformer is on the other side past the parking stalls to the left of that big gray box in your picture.

As for other things that are needed, the only thing I see are the parking signs. But they're not a big deal. It's the utility transformer, any final inspections, and the electrical meter that are the things that will continue to delay the opening if they haven't happened or been installed yet.

• Informative
Reactions: rachelhikes