Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Merced, CA - Martin Luther King Junior Way (LIVE 9 Mar 2021, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like they chose a strategic point. Judging from the last week it has been quite busy: not a wait or anything yet but they are definitely getting plenty of use and 50% full or more has happened plenty since opening so that’s good news.

Attachments

• 72A2E7C7-D8D0-4B3D-8CFD-948393476FCB.jpeg
    72A2E7C7-D8D0-4B3D-8CFD-948393476FCB.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 81
This location was years over due.

Not that I will benefit from it myself given I live in Merced so I'll already be charged from home when taking off on a trip.

I suppose if we had shopping to do at Smart and Final on the way out of town it could be useful. Also, it's 5 miles closer than home coming back from many destinations so I suppose if I'm right on the edge it could save me from running out of juice.

Not that I will benefit from it myself given I live in Merced so I'll already be charged from home when taking off on a trip.

I suppose if we had shopping to do at Smart and Final on the way out of town it could be useful. Also, it's 5 miles closer than home coming back from many destinations so I suppose if I'm right on the edge it could save me from running out of juice.
In addition to north/south traffic on CA-99, the big benefit of this location is people taking CA-140 into Yosemite. Especially in the winter when CA-120 can close for weather, CA-140 is the primary route for folks coming from the Bay Area, Sacramento, and other NorCal destinations.

FYI, Tesla.com lists bathrooms as being inside smart and final. They are, however they are protected with a keypad lock. Didn’t feel like tracking an employee down to get the code. Checked the map in the car and there was no code provided like for Kettleman.