Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Meredith, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I literally looked through the planning board minutes yesterday and missed this. I have no clue how.

According to the Eversource net meter installer(my solar roof was installed 2 months ago), the upcoming NH superchargers will be pre-fabs. He offered this information unsolicited when he saw my 3 and Y. We’ll see if that is true for Meredith and this gets done really quickly.

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
Thanks for the update on the prefab design. I was wondering when we would see the first ones up this way. Half wondering if Newton could be one, even though then placement pedestal bases are already onsite there. No sign of any other Tesla components there which is what makes me wonder.

Reactions: kayak1
Thanks for the update on the prefab design. I was wondering when we would see the first ones up this way. Half wondering if Newton could be one, even though then placement pedestal bases are already onsite there. No sign of any other Tesla components there which is what makes me wonder.

I think the pre-fabricated installs are only suitable for sites with a lot of space. Therefore, I wouldn't expect them to go anywhere near Boston.

I think the pre-fabricated installs are only suitable for sites with a lot of space. Therefore, I wouldn't expect them to go anywhere near Boston.
While in general, I agree with your comment, I do think Tesla will review each site individually and determine if conditions fit the prefab units. It's in Tesla' best interest to use the prefab units where they can as I suspect it significantly reduces construction costs and definitely shortens construction time when they can do it. Definitely not a fit for all locations though.

Reactions: kayak1 and Big Earl
Drove by last night. didn't see anything obvious (from the road) indicating any progress at all (not surprising given the Q2 '22 timeline)

This does not appear to be a big site, in terms of existing parking. Not sure where they'll fit supercharger spots....
Facing the address from the street, probably to the left near the front is my guess - but that's just a guess.

Digging through the planning board minutes in more detail, I think the superchargers will likely be located as highlighted in green below. Tesla proposed putting 8 supercharging spaces into an existing 7 parking space spot by reducing the space width by one foot each. While initially approved, it sounds like the town changed their mind later. I've heard that this site will initially be built as a six stall with potential to add an additional two stalls if the town reconsiders. So, two supercharger cabinets, but only 6 pedestals. Almost certainly a traditional build and will not use prefab units.

Construction likely to start *very soon*

1652651590962.png

Wait - you said Tesla Technicians... are you sure they were Tesla employees and not the contractor building the site? Not saying you were wrong, just want to confirm. Tesla Energy was at the Burlington MA supercharger doing pre-commissioning work on Monday, so this could be them doing the same thing in Meredith to expedite the final commissioning process when it's ready for that.

From the photo, it looks like the transformer may already be in place. But no feed from the adjacent pole, so probably no meter either. A week to a month would also align with 'waiting for utilities'. There is still pavement striping to do, and possibly blacktop patching (can't tell from the photo) and some landscaping. This would align with conditions in Tyngsborough MA and my thinking the contractor might be waiting to bring their sealing and striping equipment up for one multi-site run from Rhode Island.

Wait - you said Tesla Technicians... are you sure they were Tesla employees and not the contractor building the site? Not saying you were wrong, just want to confirm. Tesla Energy was at the Burlington MA supercharger doing pre-commissioning work on Monday, so this could be them doing the same thing in Meredith to expedite the final commissioning process when it's ready for that.

From the photo, it looks like the transformer may already be in place. But no feed from the adjacent pole, so probably no meter either. A week to a month would also align with 'waiting for utilities'. There is still pavement striping to do, and possibly blacktop patching (can't tell from the photo) and some landscaping. This would align with conditions in Tyngsborough MA and my thinking the contractor might be waiting to bring their sealing and striping equipment up for one multi-site run from Rhode Island.