Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Meriden, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving north on Route 10 from Hamden or Cheshire towards Hartford-Boston you've got a couple of choices in Southington. Take I-84 or head east on I-691 to I-91. Soon I-691 will offer the closet SC and that route is often the quickest way around Hartford and back up onto I-84. At least worth an honorable mention!

Was in the area, fence is up! They are right out by the road.

Attachments

• IMG_20191007_170329.jpg
    IMG_20191007_170329.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_20191007_170308.jpg
    IMG_20191007_170308.jpg
    797.7 KB · Views: 149
Cool. This should be a good spot between New York and Boston.

A bit of topic, but what is up with that antenna array across the street on the hotel?
Haven't you heard? Tesla is rolling out WiFi at supercharging stations to support NetFlix etc... This must be a hint at what's coning at all future supercharger sites!

I wish they'd put one in northeastern CT. The Willington TA would be an ideal location. It is a hole missing from the supercharger map!
Maybe... but it really shouldn't be that hard to get from Manchester to either Framingham, or Hudson which would probably be on the routes of the majority of travelers. (I'd skip Auburn... that one seems like a pain to get to.)

Northeastern CT is not nearly as big a hole is as southeastern CT.
I guess that's why I'm at Auburn so much. Not hard to get to at all. Running across that lot to the mall in the pouring rain is a different story though.
I'm still waiting for some option on 395.
But, Madison and Meriden will definitely help.

I actually think this will be one of the most practical locations between NYC and Boston. It's right at the point where 91 splits for the 91->95 route or the Merritt Pkwy route. Essentially regardless of which route you take you are bound to cross this one. Frequent trips from Westchester to VT and MA leave me drained and needing a quick convenient recharge after Hartford on return trip but I don't want the SoC to choose the route for me.

How can you have a hole in CT? I don't think it is more than 200 miles between any two points in the state. :)
As the supercharger network gets better coverage in a region/area the definition of what constitutes a hole shrinks. So, contrary to common understanding, by adding superchargers Tesla is actually making more holes, not filling in existing ones.

Not a problem if you are lucky enough to be driving through CT, but not great when it is your destination and there is nowhere to charge nearby
Yes, probably tough for those three people. Everyone else is passing through, or leaving the state. :)

Still, with the highest supercharger density of ANY state (one supercharger per 220 square miles), we're doing pretty well.

We're followed by NJ, MA, MD, and DE.

California - with the most superchargers - is only one supercharger location per 1000 sq. miles.

Last edited:
Yes, probably tough for those three people. Everyone else is passing through, or leaving the state. :)

Still, with the highest supercharger density of ANY state (one supercharger per 220 square miles), we're doing pretty well.

We're followed by NJ, MA, MD, and DE.

California - with the most superchargers - is only one supercharger location per 1000 sq. miles.

I don't care about California, I never drive there :p

• Funny
Reactions: mcot222