TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Meriden, CT

Discussion in 'New England' started by JSergeant, May 14, 2018.

1. williamtech814

I agree. Elon has said he wants to ramp V3 supercharger production. I believe much of the equipment is made at Giga 2 in Buffalo. Won’t help for the near future, but will probably help for future sites in 2020 and beyond.

2. Doug_D

Doug_D Member

Hey guys, I stopped here at 1:00pm today 1/3/2020 and there is no additional movement at this site and still no Tesla hardware other than the small signs at the end of the stalls. Here are a couple of pics I took today. Doug
    k tesla1.jpg tesla2.jpg

• Like x 2
  3. tinkererguy

tinkererguy Paul Braren TinkerTry.com/Tesla

4. tinkererguy

Looks like the Fairfield Connecticut "wins" for being the first working V3 Supercharging in New England:
    Supercharger - Fairfield

See also this handy V3 only map that @MarkeR2002 pointed out:
    Tesla V3 Superchargers - Google My Maps

• Like x 1
  5. tinkererguy

6. Unwin

Unwin Member

No change as of Saturday, January 11th, 2020. Still no supercharger cabinets.

7. mcot222

mcot222 Member

8. tinkererguy

#68 tinkererguy, Jan 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Stopped by today and noticed that power from the street is now connected, but that's the only change I noticed. Meter LED display is blank/off. No V3 charging cabinets. Briefly talked to the friendly manager at Dunkin (after buying things), he doesn't know what the hold-up is. He had been told it should be done by year end (2019).

9. Doug_D

Doug_D Member

Stopped by this location on 1/22/2020 and noticed some workers on site. Also saw a bunch of large boxes that were sealed which I assume they contain the Tesla charging hardware but cannot confirm. So we got progress happening !! 9BF78136-9F9A-4DED-AF9D-AF7DD581C480.JPG

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  10. Tdreamer

Tdreamer Supporting Member

Those are pedestals in those boxes...

• Like x 3
  11. tinkererguy

#71 tinkererguy, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    Stopped by today, got some progress to show you, including a look inside the cabinets in 4K. A contractor there mentioned it could be a month before things are operational at full V3 speeds, but I cannot confirm this information.

• Like x 3
    • Love x 2
    • Informative x 1
  12. JWardell

JWardell Member

Very cool video of the inside! Thanks!

13. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540