Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Meriden, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you get there without sitting in the perennial traffic jam on I-91 S leading to exit 17/Wilbur Cross Parkway?

Unfortunately not entirely. One still has to take the exit for the Wilbur, but the exit for the supercharger forks off from that.

Maybe if one tries exit 19 for Baldwin ave to Gravel street. I’d give that a shot if it’s particularly bad.

Unfortunately not entirely. One still has to take the exit for the Wilbur, but the exit for the supercharger forks off from that.

Maybe if one tries exit 19 for Baldwin ave to Gravel street. I’d give that a shot if it’s particularly bad.
Thanks. That looks like a good option. Exit 18->Baldwin Ave->Bee St->East Main St. I'll try that the next time I visit my parents.

Wow! That's awesome. That confirms it is a v3.
It seems that roughly 195 kW is as high as this location gets during these early days, with plastic bags covering several of the V3 chargers when I was there at 11:05pm on Feb 20, along with 3 other Teslas. Admittedly it was cold but my battery was warm with full regen.

150 kW cap seen in Fairfield Northbound I-95 North at the new V3 earlier the same evening, but it had warning of service issue, details:
Supercharger - Fairfield

I wonder if any V3 Superchargers in CT have seen charge rates over 200 kW yet, even if only briefly. Will also be interesting to see how much-colder V3 Supercharging goes for these adventuresome Canadians:
PRESS RELEASE: FAST EV LIGHTNING RUN - Tesla Owners Online

upload_2020-2-22_18-56-8.jpeg

Last edited:
It seems that roughly 195 kW is as high as this location gets during these early days, with plastic bags covering several of the V3 chargers when I was there at 11:05pm on Feb 20, along with 3 other Teslas. Admittedly it was cold but my battery was warm with full regen.

150 kW cap seen in Fairfield Northbound I-95 North at the new V3 earlier the same evening, but it had warning of service issue, details:
Supercharger - Fairfield

I wonder if any V3 Superchargers in CT have seen charge rates over 200 kW yet, even if only briefly. Will also be interesting to see how much-colder V3 Supercharging goes for these adventuresome Canadians:
PRESS RELEASE: FAST EV LIGHTNING RUN - Tesla Owners Online

View attachment 514064

I got 206 kW at Fairfield, CT back on January 3rd at 14% SOC.

Reactions: tinkererguy
Yeah, was there at 12:50pm today, despite no plastic bags covering the dead ones, but I did find the one closest to the one-way exit did work. Unfortunately for travelers, the in-car display didn't say anything about reduced service, but I was the only car there, so no biggie.

Just a word of caution. Just as I was leaving, a pickup truck went into the one-way exit right near the Superchargers just as I was about to leave. He was going the wrong way. Gladly I was paying close attention and hit my brakes on time, but with high, sharp curbs around there , there is no way to swerve and avoid. I think he was just trying to shortcut the round-about way you get to this Dunkin' lot, where you have to go past it, enter the three-business-wide strip mall, entrance, follow Dunkin' drive through signs to go around the back. I lightly tapped my horn to let him know he made a mistake, he yelled something but the external GoPro mic didn't work. This horn tap also triggered the automatic save of the dashcam footage. Here's the short, (unlisted) 4K from GoPro clip, followed by the dashcam clip. Not the most exciting footage in the world, but if you're reading this forum I suspect you'll be visiting, so this is a PSA of sorts to caution you to be wary when exiting this location, since I suspect others might try to short-cut their entrance to this facility as well:

Reactions: EdA
I ate lunch inside, and the polite Dunkin' staff mentioned that it's gotten busier during mid-day when folks are charging at this new Tesla Supercharger location. She also mentioned that this Dunkin's drive-thru is open 24x7, but the bathroom is inside, so I think it was after 10pm that you'll need to walk to some other bathroom nearby, perhaps the gas station.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Thank you for the reply! Would you happen to have any pictures, screenshots, or TeslaFi stats from that cJan 3 2020 V3 charging session? If you, you'll be the first person to share a documented V3 Supercharge in the Northeastern US.

Sure, I guess, even though this is the Meriden thread.

Hopefully this is sufficient despite not showing the date. I can screenshot my photo album if you need the date, but that seems unnecessary.

99A9A93A-F2C7-4DC3-8868-6F35F66EBB18.jpeg

Jan 3, 2020
Fairfield, CT Southbound

Last edited:
I ate lunch inside, and the polite Dunkin' staff mentioned that it's gotten busier during mid-day when folks are charging at this new Tesla Supercharger location. She also mentioned that this Dunkin's drive-thru is open 24x7, but the bathroom is inside, so I think it was after 10pm that you'll need to walk to some other bathroom nearby, perhaps the gas station.
When I was there on Thu Feb 27 2020, I noticed that at least one station that used to have a bag over it still didn't work, so moved further toward the exit and it was operational.