Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Meriden, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JSergeant

Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2014
Seattle, WA
In case this hasn't already been posted:

City Planner Bob Seale said the station is only a possibility at this time.

“(I’ve had) discussions with (Tesla) and potentially putting it on a private property,” Seale said. He said Tesla has been looking at one location in particular, but did not say where.

Meriden in talks to add Tesla supercharger station

• Love
Reactions: SureValla and EdA
I took the liberty of emailing Mr. Seale referenced in the article. He responded telling me Tesla is planning on proposing the Dunkin' Donuts at 875 East Main St parking lot!

8 stalls

Meriden Supercharging Proposed Location

That's a decent location for Supercharging. If this SC comes to pass, recommend Nardelli's Grinders across the road. Only drawback, East Main is a busy street, would want to use the crosswalks to get over there.

A friend who is a former town official and long time realtor told me he heard Tesla looked at a location on the east side of 91, off East Main and Pomeroy Ave. He said there was land for sale where a Volvo dealership had recently closed. Worth mentioning, perhaps if only to keep CARA and Fleming busy in the CT legislative off season.

Reactions: SureValla
That's a decent location for Supercharging. If this SC comes to pass, recommend Nardelli's Grinders across the road. Only drawback, East Main is a busy street, would want to use the crosswalks to get over there.

A friend who is a former town official and long time realtor told me he heard Tesla looked at a location on the east side of 91, off East Main and Pomeroy Ave. He said there was land for sale where a Volvo dealership had recently closed. Worth mentioning, perhaps if only to keep CARA and Fleming busy in the CT legislative off season.
Just an update, that former Volvo dealership has now become an F.W. Webb showroom.

Hi. I came across this thread and took a ride by the Dunkin Donuts lot mentioned above. No construction yet, but it would be an excellent location. Right off 15 & 91. Any updates here on Tesla obtaining permits for this site?

Update: Tesla is going forward with the supercharger site in Meriden. They either already have an approved site plan or one is still working its way through the city planning process. The August 14th meeting of the Meriden Planning Commission had an item related to the superchargers on its agenda: "Site Plan Application of GPD Engineering 903 East Main St.- Site Plan modification to relocate transformer for Tesla charging station to the other side of the driveway closer to the station."

Link to google cache of the agenda page, item is on the second page. I have to use the Google cache because the direct page link is just to the most recent Land Use cases and is updated and changed regularly.

Supercharger- Meriden, CT_site plan waiver.JPG

@BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP

Meriden, CT

Along Primary Interstates: I-91
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-5
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-91:

To: Hartford - Leibert Rd, CT - 21.3 miles
Diversion: 1 miles
To: West Springfield, MA - 48.7 miles

You forgot the Merritt Parkway

Strictly it'll not be on the Merritt Parkway, it's on the Wilbur Cross Parkway,, not far from its northern terminus. The name changes either side of a bridge. Although the Parkways are restricted access, they are CT-15, rather than an Interstate or US Numbered Highway.

So, while that Parkway is an important highway in Connecticut, I'm only currently tracking buildout on US Interstates, US Numbered Highways, and some Canadian National Highways.

TLDR: I didn't forget, I just don't care about it. :p

*Sigh*

CT-15:
To: End (I-84/US-6) - 20.4 miles*
Diversion: 1.1 miles**

* In Meriden, CT-15 is the Wilbur Cross Parkway, which, continuing North, ends, and joins with US-5 which is the Berlin Turnpike at that point . These then divert and become the Wilbur Cross _Highway_. After crossing the Connecticut River, US-5 heads off north and CT-15, still the Wilbur Cross Highway, joins with US-6 and I-84.

** Fastest route (Supercharge.info/Mapbox) takes I-91 from Meriden, CT and then rejoins CT-15 to take the Charter Oak Bridge in Hartford, CT across to East Hartford, CT.

• Helpful
Reactions: EdA