Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Meriden, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, I stopped here at 1:00pm today 1/3/2020 and there is no additional movement at this site and still no Tesla hardware other than the small signs at the end of the stalls. Here are a couple of pics I took today. Doug
k
tesla1.jpg
tesla2.jpg

Looks like the Fairfield Connecticut "wins" for being the first working V3 Supercharging in New England:
Supercharger - Fairfield

See also this handy V3 only map that @MarkeR2002 pointed out:
Tesla V3 Superchargers - Google My Maps

Reactions: MarkeR2002
Stopped by today and noticed that power from the street is now connected, but that's the only change I noticed. Meter LED display is blank/off. No V3 charging cabinets. Briefly talked to the friendly manager at Dunkin (after buying things), he doesn't know what the hold-up is. He had been told it should be done by year end (2019).

Last edited:
A contractor there mentioned it could be a month before things are operational at full V3 speeds, but I cannot confirm this information.
I was also in Meriden last Friday visiting family. After exiting I-91 I pulled in when I saw activity and likely spoke with the same bearded electrician working on the cabinets. While sticking to that one month estimate, he attributed much of that time to Tesla running equipment checks.

Stopped by yesterday (Monday Jan 27 2020) and they're on site and working on the wiring inside of the cabinets. Still expecting a month or so for permitting to be completed. I then headed to Fairfield CT for my first V3 Supercharging session (enroute to Philadelphia), with details/pics of the speeds I saw in the Fairfield forum thread here:
Supercharger - Fairfield

Stopped by today. No change since yesterday’s pic. Stalls still are not numbered. Some are bagged. It is getting close though. Since the meter appears to be on, I am assuming the town and utility company inspections are complete. Probably just waiting on Tesla to turn on their equipment and do their testing in order to commission the site. Could be any day now.

hey all, I stopped by this location today 2/5/202 and the stalls are still in the same state as noted above by tanker5. So what is the official word once these stalls go live? will our cars navigation app with tesla charging locations show meriden as a destination or is it a silent live where it goes live and people like us start the fanfare before the app shows it? I have only seen Waterbury go live in CT for my local stops and dont recall.