Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Meridian, MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
In New Shreveport, LA Supercharger StationStation @johngratcliff posted information about an expected Supercharger in Meridian, MS.

johngratcliff said:
A few minutes ago I was told by Meridian city planning that a site has been determined. A permit had been applied for and has either been issued or is about to be. The superchargers will be located at Bonita Lakes Mall, near I20-59 (the two highways join as they pass through Meridian) on the east side of the city.

I think it merits a thread.

Reactions: N4HHE
I live in Meridian and am excited about getting a Supercharger here. I was hoping the location would be at the Meridian Crossroads There are more (and possibly better) food options and it is a little closer to the interstate. The mall is still a good option, but I'm hoping they put it out front. That would give you access to both restaurants inside the mall as well as those out front (O'charley's, McAlister's, and CiCi's.) There is a food court towards the back of the Mall with a limited selection as well as a good Mexican restaurant. The movie theater is located next to the food court if you have the time to burn.

I'm drop by now and then to check on construction progress and post back.

That sounds great, but let's not encourage someone to go to a movie while their car is parked at the supercharger. The car will be finished charging long before the movie is over.

Has anyone suggested the possibility of Tesla creating a parking area adjacent to superchargers where an autopilot valet mode would select a car based on first come first serve ranking.

Then the car would be moved to the next available charger and top off the battery (or have the choice option of amount of charge). As soon as the desired charge was reached autopilot valet mode would return the car to a spot to await the driver's return.

This could be coupled with an enclosed secure waiting area.

O
Has anyone suggested the possibility of Tesla creating a parking area adjacent to superchargers where an autopilot valet mode would select a car based on first come first serve ranking.

Then the car would be moved to the next available charger and top off the battery (or have the choice option of amount of charge). As soon as the desired charge was reached autopilot valet mode would return the car to a spot to await the driver's return.

This could be coupled with an enclosed secure waiting area.
Or people could just return to their car when they have the charge they need.

O

Or people could just return to their car when they have the charge they need.
Well yes of course but some locations are more congested and need charged cars to leave as soon as charged so the next person can get their turn. This way would be more efficient use of the chargers. move cars in order and relieve drivers of having to return when they are busy. Perhaps when charging was finished the car could page the driver too.

Well yes of course but some locations are more congested and need charged cars to leave as soon as charged so the next person can get their turn. This way would be more efficient use of the chargers. move cars in order and relieve drivers of having to return when they are busy. Perhaps when charging was finished the car could page the driver too.

Charged at Indianapolis Sunday and Wednesday. All by myself Sunday, and another arrived Wednesday while I was charging. Doesn't seem to be a problem in Indianapolis but Louisville and Nashville were about 50% utilized on Sunday, but just me on Wednesday.

Excited that a SC will be available soon! Unfortunately for me, it may be too late. I was trying to plan a trip from my wife's family in Greenville to my uncle's place in Atlanta in late June. Even if the Meridian SC were installed, it's probably too far. If I could get to Birmingham, I could hopefully use the Chademo at the Nissan dealer.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone have a home charger a fellow Model S owner might use to tide us over? :)

Jerry

Jerry, there are campgrounds everywhere in MS; many with NEMA 14-50. With a quick look at google maps, I found Bonita Lakes RV Park and Lake Tom Bailey (Scenic). Both appear to have electrical hookups. Give them a call and see if they'll accommodate you. You could use my charger, but I don't know what I'll be doing then. PM me closer to your trip.

Lake Tom Bailey Campground | Visit Mississippi "hook-ups (22W, 22E), 30/50 amps"

Spoke with city planning. The chargers will be located directly behind the food court. These are prime spots and the busiest at the mall because the movie theatre and food are here. So you won't find yourself alone in an empty lot. On the other hand, you might draw lots of attention. Not many Teslas in Meridian (one other that I know of). Lift kits are popular at the moment, so make sure to put your air suspension on high :D.

• Funny
Reactions: Drucifer