Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Meridian, MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20160816_112624.jpg
IMG_20160816_112613.jpg

I spoke with the crew and they said it would have 8 stalls. This is not behind the food court like I thought it would be, but it is in a good location, not far from food and restrooms and close to the mall entrance.

Last edited:
I live in Birmingham and haven't found a thing about a permit application in the places I've looked. sounds like I'm not looking in the right places. Where does this little bird say the permit application is? I guessed Hoover, Pelham, and Inverness. Hopefully your little bird will talk to me. So far, the agencies I've talked to have just given me the bird!

Reactions: GSP
Spoke with city planning. The chargers will be located directly behind the food court. These are prime spots and the busiest at the mall because the movie theatre and food are here. So you won't find yourself alone in an empty lot. On the other hand, you might draw lots of attention. Not many Teslas in Meridian (one other that I know of). Lift kits are popular at the moment, so make sure to put your air suspension on high :D.

Speaking of Tesla's and expansive cars in general in the area brought to mind a funny encounter I had. I just moved here from Indiana, and when getting my car insurance on my new Volt the insurance agent was puzzled when transferring my policy by the idea that coverage on damage could go above 50,000 (minimums in Indiana were 100K per person injury 300K per accident injury and 100K per accident property damage)... nobody has a car that cost that much! I told her my volt was about 40K and she was stunned. I also didn't point out that if I run my car into a gas station I could cause 100K plus in property damage... it isn't limited to cars you hit. The standard is 25/50/25 here in Mississippi, so I hope you (randall-s) have good uninsured / under-insured coverage! I kept the coverage the same as what I had in Indiana, including the uninsured / under-insured coverage. My new plates (that will be transferred to a model 3 when I get one) are "EV 4 ME"

Keith

I live in Birmingham and haven't found a thing about a permit application in the places I've looked. sounds like I'm not looking in the right places. Where does this little bird say the permit application is? I guessed Hoover, Pelham, and Inverness. Hopefully your little bird will talk to me. So far, the agencies I've talked to have just given me the bird!
Don't worry, the source is very reliable. It's coming very soon.

I think I can see a dark green transformer lurking in the shrubbery to the right of the grey distribution center cabinets in the more recent photos. I don't see it at all in the earliest photos, but one of them might show the wooden form for its pad. If that really is a new transformer, then you won't have the agonizing wait some sites have had to endure while the local utility gets around to placing their transformer.

There often is a wait of several days for the Tesla tech to test it and turn it on, even after the site looks ready to go. Once the tech has been there, you'll see large numbered decals (1A, 1B, 2A, etc.) on the base of each charging post.

On Aug 11 I was told by Tesla support that the Monroe, LA SC was scheduled to start commissioning on 8/10. It came online yesterday, about 37 days later. Lindale, TX was the same. Not expecting it for 2 more months but will be passing by there in a few weeks. Guess it'll be level 2 charging somewhere along the way.

I think I can see a dark green transformer lurking in the shrubbery to the right of the grey distribution center cabinets in the more recent photos. I don't see it at all in the earliest photos, but one of them might show the wooden form for its pad. If that really is a new transformer, then you won't have the agonizing wait some sites have had to endure while the local utility gets around to placing their transformer.

There often is a wait of several days for the Tesla tech to test it and turn it on, even after the site looks ready to go. Once the tech has been there, you'll see large numbered decals (1A, 1B, 2A, etc.) on the base of each charging post.
Agree that's what I see in the photos and that where the transformer pad was being placed

Some new pictures:

Here is what I think is the construction people working on the transformer... correct me if I am wrong:

It has 8 stations and interesting to me 4 signs that say "Tesla Vehicle Charging Only" and 3 signs at the other end that say "Tesla" then have the number 30 in black numbers in a white circle, and under that "30 Minute General Parking" I assume that another "30 min" sign will go in place in front of the transformer after they are done with installation work.

Are the 30 min signs saying "OK to ICE this spot, but you will be towed after 30 min" or is it for Tesla drivers who just want a quick boost to their battery rather than a full charge?

Later,

Keith