Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger- Merrillville, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
30571290_10155545481619053_3106567682195980288_n.jpg

30516276_10155545632004053_8332898430175150080_n.jpg

30571690_10155545632059053_1188830008181784576_n.jpg

Under construction Pictures by
Georgi Banchev Indiana Tesla Owners Group.

Stopped by today. The 2 guys in the picture were doing what looked like some landscaping work. The meter socket is empty unfortunately. The model 3 drives like a dream! Can't wait to take it for a mini road trip on Sunday.

Attachments

• TM.jpg
    TM.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 133
I was just by there last night and it appears to be good to go. No cones, no fences, no construction. I don't have a Tesla, so I can't CONFIRM, but it looked ready. You might be able to call Meijer and ask, or it may be live in your map system on your car.
Were the stalls numbered at the bottom? Were the red Tesla logos lit up? The latter is a giveaway that the juice is flowing. Did you take any pics?

I stopped by this location today on my way to Chicago. The station looks complete, but the chargers are not powered up yet. I charged at country club hills, and made it to my desination without issue. Hopefully this one lights up tomorrow, as on my return trip I need to go to Lima Ohio, and it is a bit of a stretch for a classic 60 to get between country club hills and ft. wayne. This one would get me a bit closer to ft. wanye, and potentially allow me to avoid a very lengthy detour (although if the weather is nice, I may simply turn off the HVAC, charge to 100% at country club hills, and go for it)

I stopped by this location today on my way to Chicago. The station looks complete, but the chargers are not powered up yet. I charged at country club hills, and made it to my desination without issue. Hopefully this one lights up tomorrow, as on my return trip I need to go to Lima Ohio, and it is a bit of a stretch for a classic 60 to get between country club hills and ft. wayne. This one would get me a bit closer to ft. wanye, and potentially allow me to avoid a very lengthy detour (although if the weather is nice, I may simply turn off the HVAC, charge to 100% at country club hills, and go for it)
You got this man. Turn off the heat, lower the suspension (if you can), and drive slow. Also be sure to keep the windows and/or sunroof closed, be sure the tires are reasonably well-inflated and don't make a wrong turn! I sometimes unmute the annoying Nav voice on legs like this just to be absolutely sure I don't miss a turn. It's mostly an issue on rural interstates where sometimes you can miss an exit and not see another one for 10+ miles.

The station is live in NAV.

Drove from Chicago to Muncie on Saturday May 5 - the NAV kept nagging me to stop there (and take US30 to US31 - the seriously long way around to Muncie). In fact the NAV loves Merriville so much, It kept telling me to turn around to use the station. It didn't stop turning me around until I was almost to Lafayette. It was pretty darn funny how insistent NAV was to use this station. I've never seen anything like it. If I had given up and followed the last turn around, it was at least 75 miles out of my way.

I stopped here a couple of days ago and charged for a few minutes. I noticed construction next to the superchargers that looked like it might be the start of a V3 expansion project. Just holes in the parking lot, but the size and shape of said holes looked like a new supercharger install. Sorry no pictures, I was in a hurry to get back on the road.

GSP