Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mesa, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Tesla is finally building a Supercharger in the East Valley!!!

Last week, Tesla filed an ADR permit for a Supercharger in Mesa. 12 stalls are being added in the parking stalls beside Party City at 1859 S Stapley Drive (33.3802, -111.8056)

mesa.jpg

Attachments

• Mesa Plans.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 245
  • Mesa Narrative Letter.pdf
    360.7 KB · Views: 179
Cool! Now the entire sprawling Phoenix core valley will actually get 2 V3 superchargers! We had none just a few weeks ago and now our count will double! :) We need about 4 more (and we still wouldn’t be on par with Denver, etc.). I hope this opens the flood gates. I just ran into a brand new Tesla owner trying to charge on a 44 kW Tesla/Chademo EVGo charger (yuck) in the East valley since there just aren’t any good public DCFC charging options here.

Cool! Now the entire sprawling Phoenix core valley will actually get 2 V3 superchargers! We had none just a few weeks ago and now our count will double! :) We need about 4 more (and we still wouldn’t be on par with Denver, etc.). I hope this opens the flood gates. I just ran into a brand new Tesla owner trying to charge on a 44 kW Tesla/Chademo EVGo charger (yuck) in the East valley since there just aren’t any good public DCFC charging options here.
I’m really shocked with the number of Teslas in the Valley that there hasn’t been more emphasis on Superchargers; even the little 72kW things would be great if they were more prevalent.

Happy to see the Mesa one start the process and I too hope for more. I moved here from Chicago a few years back and can only hope to have as many SCs here as we did back in a place with far fewer Teslas.

I had an appointment yesterday in the East Valley and stopped at the future Mesa Supercharger location. It is in the shopping center on the northeast corner of Stapley Dr & Baseline Rd. Here are some "before" pictures.

IMG_5317.jpg

looking west

IMG_5318.jpg

looking northwest, Starbucks

IMG_5331.jpg

looking north, Panera Bread

IMG_5321.jpg

looking northeast

IMG_5320.jpg

looking east, Walmart hidden by trees

IMG_5322.jpg

looking southeast, Party City hidden by trees, past silver truck

IMG_5330.jpg

looking south, Party City behind trees on left

IMG_5319.jpg

looking southwest, in the distance Poke Fusion and Raising Cain's hidden behind Poke Fusion

IMG_5325.jpg

further west, Unos Tacos Y Birria & Lone Spur Cafe

IMG_5326.jpg

south-southeast, Party City, in the distance Galaxy Nails, Fantastic Sams, FixIt Mobile & Crumble Cookies

In-town superchargers are really handy in various situations, even if you live somewhat nearby and regularly charge at home:
- Oops, I forgot to plug in last night and I have a long drive today.
- Darn, my mobile charger stopped working.
- Crap, a family emergency occurred and I am down to 30% charge after driving around today.
- And finally, WTH, I just picked up my brand new Tesla and they only charged it 50%. (And maybe I live way out East of Globe AZ) :)
When I got my Model 3 in 2019 in Mpls, there were no nearby superchargers, and it sucked.
So, as an East valley resident, I am really thrilled to finally be getting a supercharger in the area!

I'm glad to get one here, but we really need some further east and south. Stapley is about as middle/west as you can get in the east valley now. With San Tan, Queen Creek, Chandler, and even Mesa moving so much further out. I thought that 60 and the 202 would have knocked out 2 major freeways. Another on the 202 and 101 area. Hopefully there are more planned because I see so many Teslas now. Used to be a novelty!

I'm glad to get one here, but we really need some further east and south. Stapley is about as middle/west as you can get in the east valley now. With San Tan, Queen Creek, Chandler, and even Mesa moving so much further out. I thought that 60 and the 202 would have knocked out 2 major freeways. Another on the 202 and 101 area. Hopefully there are more planned because I see so many Teslas now. Used to be a novelty!
the 60 and 202. don't let me dream. :)

Reactions: Sparky1
Yeah, 202 and 60 would have been much better for “far-East valley“ owners, but maybe Tesla couldn’t find a good hosting partner there… And, a charger in the I-10 and 202 area would be great (for many directional reasons). And, don’t forget about Globe in order to open up traveling further East to Show Low etc.!

LaQuinta at superstitions springs and US 60 would be good, but the extra traffic might be an issue
Agree, there are a handful of food and bathroom options within walking distance, along with 60 access via Power or Superstition Springs exits. That area has very easy access to the 202 interchange just to the east. Or another option with fewer amenities would be in the parking lot of the new service/deliver center next to the Costco on Sossaman.

Reactions: hobapolis
Yeah, 202 and 60 would have been much better for “far-East valley“ owners, but maybe Tesla couldn’t find a good hosting partner there… And, a charger in the I-10 and 202 area would be great (for many directional reasons). And, don’t forget about Globe in order to open up traveling further East to Show Low etc.!
I guess I sort of got my wish… Looks like I-10 and US-60 is the location for another new supercharger! (Keep going Tesla!)