Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Metairie, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From someone living right in the middle of this disaster I can tell you that Baton Rouge and Lafayette superchargers are both operational. I had to drive from Hammond, LA to Lafayette, LA (~100 miles) day before yesterday to fill up gas cans for portable generators. I charged in Lafayette and Baton Rouge on my way back to make sure I had plenty of reserve when I got home to land of no electricity and collapsing civilization.

There are a few gas stations in the area open but the lines are so long that you may wait hours and then the station runs out of fuel before you get to the pump. That's the situation for the last week. Things are slowly improving each day.

Bottom line - I'm so glad to have my Tesla and not a gas powered vehicle. I can go days on end without needing a charge and when I do, worst case is I drive 45 miles to Baton Rouge and get a charge.

Mike

I forgot to take pictures but this one appears to have been vandalized after the recent hurricane. I tried a few of the stalls that were mostly in tact and none of them worked. I believe a Tesla employee has been out to look at the damage and decided to shut off power to the stalls.
Damn, I was going to drive to NOLA the weekend of the 24th but now I may not get to.

It's now showing as live in the Nav so it should be working, but who knows... the Nav has not been terribly reliable lately in my experience. Would be nice if someone local could check it out and update this thread.
Well Southwest got their sheeeeeit together and made more direct flights available so I’ll no longer be driving through there. Hope it’s working for others sake though!

Reactions: PLUS EV
I charged here on Wednesday 3/16/22 with no issues. The stalls are very strange and are the pull in forward type and have been dinged up quite a bit. There is a dumpster at the back far end of the building if you need to throw away any trash in your car while you are charging (napkins, cups, etc). The area feels kind of sketchy but we didnt run into any issues while charging.

I did find a garage door opener that clips onto your visor on the ground and picked it up. If someone lost one let me know.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
We pulled up to it a couple days ago around 10:00 pm at about 6% & found 7 cars waiting in line. There was a free ChargePoint L2 about 4 blocks from out hotel at a library so we were forced to take the car there & leave it overnight instead of using the Supercharger. We were a bit nervous leaving the car overnight at the library, but we had no issues. And by the time we left the hotel the next morning for our activities it was up to 99%. It sucks that the Supercharger is so filled up by Uber cars. What’s the deal with them anyway?

We pulled up to it a couple days ago around 10:00 pm at about 6% & found 7 cars waiting in line. There was a free ChargePoint L2 about 4 blocks from out hotel at a library so we were forced to take the car there & leave it overnight instead of using the Supercharger. We were a bit nervous leaving the car overnight at the library, but we had no issues. And by the time we left the hotel the next morning for our activities it was up to 99%. It sucks that the Supercharger is so filled up by Uber cars. What’s the deal with them anyway?
Hertz has a deal with Uber and rents them to Uber drivers.

1679446894201.png

FYI the new supercharging site at the Jung Hotel in downtown New Orleans has now opened up, so that should relieve pressure on this Metairie site.

FYI the new supercharging site at the Jung Hotel in downtown New Orleans has now opened up, so that should relieve pressure on this Metairie site.

It is as busy as ever and the downtown location seems to be always busy but I haven't seen it full
Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 4.23.04 PM.png