Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Metter, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any news on this site? I have to make a trip to South of Savanah in a couple of weeks and just got my Model 3. Don't like the idea of having to go to the airport. I know it is too late for this trip but would love to stop and at least see some construction. Does anyone (ChrisC) know the site location?

The airport is fine. Just follow the signs for economy parking, then once you have your parking ticket drive absolutely straight until you come to the Superchargers.
Yes, it get congested, but the spot is on the bottom of a multistory deck, so its covered from rain, and the terminal is open 24 hours for bathroom access, and has coffee and snacks most of the time.

Note: The old Supercharger station in downtown Macon is a slightly better location for jumping off on the long leg along I-16 from Macon to Savannah airport if you have an SR+, but otherwise the new Macon location has more facilities available to it.

There is a Parkers Fuel Center in Metter GA that already has a Georgia Power DCFC installation. If passing through the area hunting for this construction, that would be a good place to look for it, because Parkers has been quite supportive of EVs lately. Plus there is Jomax BBQ across the parking lot, and lots of other eating options nearby, so it makes a good detour anyway :)

There is a Parkers Fuel Center in Metter GA that already has a Georgia Power DCFC installation. If passing through the area hunting for this construction, that would be a good place to look for it, because Parkers has been quite supportive of EVs lately....
I'm heading that way Friday and coming back Sunday. Will probably have time Sunday to "poke" through. So you think/suspect that the SC location is going to be here? Is it just a hunch and should I try to look around?

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 7.35.01 PM.png

Went by Better this morning and stoped at Parkers. It is a Georgia Power/Charge Point. Odd that they offer 2 (DC) chargers and 2 J-1772 charging stations in 2 parking spaces. Was going to plug in but you had to pay so I just "ICED" (2) instead. Didn't see any evidence (permits or turned dirt) anywhere. looked around other businesses and nothing bought my eye.

IMG_0643.jpg

That DCFC station has two different plugs for the two standards, but only one set of power electronics (AC to DC conversion) inside. So one parking spot there is sufficient. Now, the Level 2 station could charge two more cars, but I guess that the GPC agreement with Parkers only allowed for two spots :)

Even though there's no activity yet, I'd keep an eye on this location. Stop by whenever you're in the area.

That DCFC station has two different plugs for the two standards, but only one set of power electronics (AC to DC conversion) inside. So one parking spot there is sufficient. Now, the Level 2 station could charge two more cars, but I guess that the GPC agreement with Parkers only allowed for two spots :)

Even though there's no activity yet, I'd keep an eye on this location. Stop by whenever you're in the area.

Odd we have an EVgo CHAdeMO/CCS DC charger in your building (2 parking) and I have seen a Volt and Leaf hooked up at the same time (assuming both were charging). Is the GA power/Charge Point limited and EVgo not?

Also it may be closer to November before I head back that way so hope someone else can check and report back some positive news.

Last edited:
Just some info for those SR+ folks out there...

Drove 16 from Macon to Savannah this week. Stopped at the newer Macon SC (not the downtown location). I was able to make it on a full charge to the Savannah airport, arrived with 6% while keeping it at 72-75 mph. (Temp was 92, so AC was being used, had two adults and a kid plus bags). Looking forward to the metter location for a quick top off.

For those of us with older 60/75's with battery degradation this leg between Macon and Savannah is a real stretch. I personally have to charge for about an hour to have the miles to make it from Macon to Savannah.

Is it better to take the alternate route via Augusta?
(also true for the earlier poster with SR+)

Especially if Tesla ever finish construction on the Lithonia location. That would give you two reasonable legs (of 124 and 119 miles) and the diversion is probably less time than having to charge to 100%.

Update: According to a separate thread, the Lithonia Supercharger seems close to being completed.

Last edited: