Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Metter, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2019-10-22_9-44-16.png

I assume you aren't talking about the dumpster area...

Trenching is well under way.
WHAT........is this for real and is it known to be SC construction? I really could use it on Thanksgiving. We have it in Reidsville and would LOVE to charge up before going. Of course if it proceeds like Lithonia it will be at least NEXT Thanksgiving.

Did you take the pics Chris and did you look at the permit? Any Tesla/Solar City or OEM equipment on site?

W00t! That's a splitter of the 164.5 mile I-16 Macon, GA to End (Downtown Savannah,GA) stretch.

When open, I'll chalk off another Interstate as complete (although the gap from Macon, GA to Metter, GA will, be, annoyingly, a bit over 100 miles).

There's a bunch of construction right now that will pick off some of the smaller excessive gaps on the Interstate network.

Last edited:
Metter, GA

Along Primary Interstates: I-16
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-16

To: Downtown Savannah, GA - 63.2 miles
Diversion: 1.1 miles

A splitter that would reduce the largest gap from 164.6 miles to 102.5 miles to "complete" I-16.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
Well, now that it's on supercharge.info, it's hopefully only a matter of time before a lot more people know to stop by and check on construction. These remote locations are tough to get status on ...
Would love someone local to keep us updated with weekly pictures. WE NEED PICS. :D If true hope it is opened before Turkey Day. Of course if on the Lithonia schedule that would be at least next year.
Screen Shot 2019-11-01 at 5.59.36 AM.png

Reactions: PStewart
Metter, GA

Along Primary Interstates: I-16
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-16

To: Downtown Savannah, GA - 63.2 miles
Diversion: 1.1 miles

A splitter that would reduce the largest gap from 164.6 miles to 102.5 miles to "complete" I-16.

The real attraction for us, is leaving Marietta with a 95+% charge, even at fast Freeway speeds, we can safely travel the 215 miles to the Metter Supercharger without a stop in Macon, and then arrive at the condo the other side of Savannah with a decent amount of charge remaining (50+%)
Then with a trickle charge (at the condo @ 5-15) we be may be able to make it back to Macon for the return trip, or stop briefly in Metter for a top-up if we haven't managed to get to 85% before heading back

I don't mind the Savannah Airport Supercharger, but as a must-stop for most Teslas on I-95 it can get congested, and its a little bit of a diversion from I-16. Now we'll be able to avoid it.

Would love someone local to keep us updated with weekly pictures. WE NEED PICS. :D If true hope it is opened before Turkey Day. Of course if on the Lithonia schedule that would be at least next year.
View attachment 471986

If you can find someone living around Metter, GA that gives a hoot about Tesla, I'll buy you lunch at Jomax BBQ next time you come through. My cousin lived 3 miles from this location for the last 20 years, but moved about 6 months ago. He would have gladly gotten pictures for us. Other than that, you have a better chance of someone running over them with their 4x4 than taking a picture of them (and definitely no chance of updating this thread!).

I live about 30 mins from Metter. I'll try to get up there every couple of weeks to take a look and give reports.

<snip>

I don't mind the Savannah Airport Supercharger, but as a must-stop for most Teslas on I-95 it can get congested, and its a little bit of a diversion from I-16. Now we'll be able to avoid it.

I think the attraction for just about everyone is being about to skip Savannah. Even though the airport is actually a reasonably nice place to have to sit, the # of chargers, the typical occupancy, and the fact that the charger just "feels" like it is out of the way makes it desirable to be able to avoid it.

It would be fantastic if Metter ended up being a V3 site, the first in Georgia AFAIK. Perfect for folks traveling to and from Coastal Florida, South Carolina and Georgia. It’s right at 200 miles from NE Atlanta area (Dunwoody) and ~217 from the new Acworth SC. Thanks for the update

I am going thru Metter today. I will get pictures.
Please post your pics, observations and any other info.

Visited the construction site about 3 hours ago.

Chatted to one of the guys working on it. He claimed 8 pedestals and also it'll be a V3 Supercharger.
Are the transformer cabinets onsite? Their model number tells which Vision it will be. Any ETA on the instruction schedule? Also is it located in this area and any more pics?

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 5.46.09 AM.png