Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Metter, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Visited the construction site about 3 hours ago. Chatted to one of the guys working on it. He claimed 8 pedestals and also it'll be a V3 Supercharger.

Hooray, finally, proof! Thank you M3BlueGeorgia for the report. I can't tell you how many times over the past three weeks I've been like "dammit, I'm just going to drive out there myself to get status". Which I do a LOT of for sites closer to Atlanta (cough*tomorrow*cough) but, whew, an 8 hour roundtrip is a bit too much of my free time squandered :)

Don't get your hopes up on it being V3. I think Tesla is slow-rolling on V3 sites until after the new year. Anyway, seeing cabinets will obviously tell us, but even just seeing the conduit layout will tell us -- V2 cabinets feed 2 stations, V3 cabs feed 4.

Are the transformer cabinets onsite? Their model number tells which version it will be.

Nitpick: the white Tesla cabinets are power conversion cabinets, not transformer cabinets.

Last edited:
Hooray, finally, proof! Thank you M3BlueGeorgia for the report. I can't tell you how many times over the past three weeks I've been like "dammit, I'm just going to drive out there myself to get status". Which I do a LOT of for sites closer to Atlanta (cough*tomorrow*cough) but, whew, an 8 hour roundtrip is a bit too much of my free time squandered :)

Don't get your hopes up on it being V3. I think Tesla is slow-rolling on V3 sites until after the new year. Anyway, seeing cabinets will obviously tell us, but even just seeing the conduit layout will tell us -- V2 cabinets feed 2 stations, V3 cabs feed 4.

Nitpick: the white Tesla cabinets are power conversion cabinets, not transformer cabinets.

Let's cut him a bit of slack. Inside the power conversion cabinets would be large transformers. (IE transformers [+some additional circuitry] transform AC power to DC power (AKA power conversion)

Thanks all around for checking on this!

Yea just a little quick typing and not really thinking since they are also rectifiers and control circuits along with transformers. So Power Conversion cabinets is the official Tesla name? My main point is I'm also skeptical that they will be V3 without some proof since Tesla announced the first V3 SCs and Metter (or any GA site) was not on the list. And Tesla/Elon said full swing switching over to V3 would be in 1st qt/Elon time. I just hope we can get weekly updated info and RELLY hoping against odds they are open by T-Day. Also My sister and brother-in-law will have lost their last excuse (well other than living so far from a Service Center) and will capitulate.

IMG_2738.JPG

I took this about 3 am Monday morning. They have a covered fence up so can't tell much.

I can't tell if those white cabinets are V3 conversion cabinets or switchgear, so not sure of the V3 cabinets have shown up yet. No stations.

The new Nashville site has both cabinets and stations, so they may win this race to be the first V3 site in the USA east of the Mississippi.

Metter does have its transformer from Georgia Power (as does Nashville) so at least that is done.

Reactions: MarcoRP
I can't tell if those white cabinets are V3 conversion cabinets or switchgear, so not sure of the V3 cabinets have shown up yet. No stations.

The new Nashville site has both cabinets and stations, so they may win this race to be the first V3 site in the USA east of the Mississippi.

Metter does have its transformer from Georgia Power (as does Nashville) so at least that is done.

I believe Metter is served by Excelsior EMC for electricity so I would think it would be their transformer.

Excelsior – Electric Membership Corporation

Yeah, that supercharge.info info comes from HERE. This thread, the thing you are reading right now. It's definitely V3, per multiple reports above.

It's been a whole two days, need someone to visit again :)
I'll be going by on Saturday on my way back to ATL. Will take lots of pics and get as much access as humanly possible. :eek: Hopefully they won't be working that day.

Also "This thread, the thing you are reading right now." is my OP.;):D