Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Metter, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ditto for a Charleston SC. It really would fill a "coastal hole" at the end of I26 or so. When I posted on the Augusta SC being reopened, that was my suggestion there also.

I personally have no use today for it but I'm really excited to see the Northern Freeway in the US being completed as well as the Can Am highway. I did a "range ring" check on supercharge.info and see that with those completions there is no place in the contiguous US that is more than 150 miles from a Supercharger. It looks like the US will almost be what I call "Phase 1" complete around the end of the year!

Congratulations Elon and Tesla!

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
My problem with the “coastal hole” has more to do with my path from the mountains to the coast on I-26... the supercharger en route to Charleston (in Columbia, SC) is about 45 mins out of the way, and barely practical for a long trip coastward. Tesla made some interesting choices on Supercharger placement in Savannah and Columbia. I would hope that if they put one in Charleston, it would be somewhere along/near the intersection of I-26 and I-526, but whoever has been making decisions for Southeast supercharger placement would probably put it on Seabrook Island or something equivalently silly!

My problem with the “coastal hole” has more to do with my path from the mountains to the coast on I-26... the supercharger en route to Charleston (in Columbia, SC) is about 45 mins out of the way, and barely practical for a long trip coastward. Tesla made some interesting choices on Supercharger placement in Savannah and Columbia. I would hope that if they put one in Charleston, it would be somewhere along/near the intersection of I-26 and I-526, but whoever has been making decisions for Southeast supercharger placement would probably put it on Seabrook Island or something equivalently silly!
The thread you are looking for is: Supercharger - Charleston, SC

I can confirm the supercharger is indeed operational at Metter and it is also a v3. Just drove from Atlanta in my Model 3 Performance. All of the chargers have an audible fan running even when not in use which is interesting.

Charging peaked at 1,004 mph at 246kW and then settled in around 700 mph a few minutes later... rolled in with 35 miles left on the battery and am up to 135 about 8 minutes later. This thing isn’t messing around. 8 stalls here at a really nice Parker’s gas station. Happy thanksgiving and enjoy everyone!

Ditto for a Charleston SC. It really would fill a "coastal hole" at the end of I26 or so. When I posted on the Augusta SC being reopened, that was my suggestion there also.

I personally have no use today for it but I'm really excited to see the Northern Freeway in the US being completed as well as the Can Am highway. I did a "range ring" check on supercharge.info and see that with those completions there is no place in the contiguous US that is more than 150 miles from a Supercharger. It looks like the US will almost be what I call "Phase 1" complete around the end of the year!

Don't forget the big hole in I-40 in Western Arkansas through Eastern Oklahoma.
Tesla need, at a minimum, put a Supercharger in Ft Smith Arkansas.

Reactions: windgrins
Don't forget the big hole in I-40 in Western Arkansas through Eastern Oklahoma.
Tesla need, at a minimum, put a Supercharger in Ft Smith Arkansas.

Agreed. There are travel holes in various places for certain routes that still need to be filled. One has several routes across the US and now Canada soon but there are also routes that are fairly well traveled (like the one you describe) that are untenable without additional units.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia

I call Phase 1 complete no 150 mile gaps end-to-end along the Interstates in the contiguous states.
Needs 21 to 23 sites (depending on how you count things) after all known sites are open, although could be fewer as a location near an intersection or on a concurrency could reduce the number required:
I-26: 1 - 259.7 miles, Asheville, NC to End (Charleston, SC).
I-29: 1 - 241.6 miles, Sioux Falls, SD to Fargo, ND (Construction).
I-35: 1 - 173.1 miles, Laredo, TX to Selma, TX (Permit)
I-35: 1 - 155 miles, Ardmore, OK to Perry, OK. The Oklahoma City, OK Supercharger is good for I-40, but a large diversion for either I-35 or I-44. They really need another Supercharger in that area
I-40: 3 - 490.7 miles, Oklahoma City, OK to Memphis, TN. Memphis, TN is itself a large diversion from I-40, and I-55 would benefit from something in West Memphis, TN, so they might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone if they can get a West Memphis, TN site.
I-44: 1 - 255 miles, Start (Wichita Falls, TX) to Catoosa, OK. Oklahoma City, OK is too large a diversion to count.
I-49: 2 - 315.5 miles, Texarkana, TX to Joplin, MO. Although I-49 runs east of Texarkana, AR, the Texarkana, TX Supercharger is a reasonable diversion so I consider it an I-49 Supercharger. A Supercharger in Fort Smith, AR would work for both I-40 and I-49.
I-55 1- 239.4 miles, Grenada, MS to Miner, MO. I-55 passes through Memphis, TN, but the Supercharger there is a large diversion. A good West Memphis, TN location could work for both I-40 and I-55.
I-64 1- 195.1 miles, Mount Vernon, IL to Louisville, KY. Tesla has Elberfeld, IN on their findus map as a 2019 location, and that would do the job and complete I-64, as well as potentially helping on I-69.
I-69W 1 - 184 miles, Laredo, TX to Victoria, TX. This is a future Interstate route, one of the prongs of the fork from the Mexican border.
I-69 1 - 170 miles, Richmond, TX to Nacogdoches, TX. Along future I-69. Maybe they can get a site at Valley Ranch Town Center in Porter, TX once construction in the area of the TX-99 toll road northeast loop is completed.
I-69 4 - 356.3 miles, Little Rock, AR to to Kuttawa, KY. Bear with me on this one. I-69 isn't built much through Arkansas, so a current route passes through Little Rock, AR although it's not on the planned I-69 route.
I-69 1 - 212 miles, Kuttawa, KY to Bloomington, IN. Tesla indicates Elberfeld, IN on findus, which could also serve I-69. An Evansville, IN Supercharger would also work.
I-74 2 - 339.1 miles, West Cincinatti, OH to Wytheville, VA. It's basically unbuilt between those two locations. The current fastest suggested route travels via Charleston, WV and would need 1 instead. Chillicothe, OH, which is at the intersection of US-23 and US-35 is on Tesla's findus map for 2019 and would be that one. But nobody has indicated any progress on a Chillicothe, OH Supercharger.
I-74 1 - 192.6 miles Mt Airy, NC to end (Lumberton, NC). It's currently in multiple segments and under construction. Tesla doesn't indicate anything to finish it off.

Thursday/T-Day Morning.

IMG_2694.jpeg

IMG_2703.jpeg
IMG_2698.jpeg
IMG_2698.jpeg
IMG_2696.jpeg
IMG_2695.jpeg

Saturday (Nov 30) Morning

IMG_2723.jpeg
IMG_2721.jpeg
IMG_2719.jpeg
IMG_2715.jpeg

Looks like there are 2 bays which could be used by Teslas towing a trailer.
Yes there is one on the side with 2 and 1 on the side with 5. Oddly on the side with 5 stations there are only 4 Tesla parking spots. However on the Parker's store side there are 5 parking spaces marked as Tesla/10 minute general parking. You can see this in my 2ed pic.

• Informative
I call Phase 1 complete no 150 mile gaps end-to-end along the Interstates in the contiguous states.
Needs 21 to 23 sites (depending on how you count things) after all known sites are open, although could be fewer as a location near an intersection or on a concurrency could reduce the number required:
I-26: 1 - 259.7 miles, Asheville, NC to End (Charleston, SC).
I-29: 1 - 241.6 miles, Sioux Falls, SD to Fargo, ND (Construction).
I-35: 1 - 173.1 miles, Laredo, TX to Selma, TX (Permit)
I-35: 1 - 155 miles, Ardmore, OK to Perry, OK. The Oklahoma City, OK Supercharger is good for I-40, but a large diversion for either I-35 or I-44. They really need another Supercharger in that area
I-40: 3 - 490.7 miles, Oklahoma City, OK to Memphis, TN. Memphis, TN is itself a large diversion from I-40, and I-55 would benefit from something in West Memphis, TN, so they might be able to kill 2 birds with one stone if they can get a West Memphis, TN site.
I-44: 1 - 255 miles, Start (Wichita Falls, TX) to Catoosa, OK. Oklahoma City, OK is too large a diversion to count.
I-49: 2 - 315.5 miles, Texarkana, TX to Joplin, MO. Although I-49 runs east of Texarkana, AR, the Texarkana, TX Supercharger is a reasonable diversion so I consider it an I-49 Supercharger. A Supercharger in Fort Smith, AR would work for both I-40 and I-49.
I-55 1- 239.4 miles, Grenada, MS to Miner, MO. I-55 passes through Memphis, TN, but the Supercharger there is a large diversion. A good West Memphis, TN location could work for both I-40 and I-55.
I-64 1- 195.1 miles, Mount Vernon, IL to Louisville, KY. Tesla has Elberfeld, IN on their findus map as a 2019 location, and that would do the job and complete I-64, as well as potentially helping on I-69.
I-69W 1 - 184 miles, Laredo, TX to Victoria, TX. This is a future Interstate route, one of the prongs of the fork from the Mexican border.
I-69 1 - 170 miles, Richmond, TX to Nacogdoches, TX. Along future I-69. Maybe they can get a site at Valley Ranch Town Center in Porter, TX once construction in the area of the TX-99 toll road northeast loop is completed.
I-69 4 - 356.3 miles, Little Rock, AR to to Kuttawa, KY. Bear with me on this one. I-69 isn't built much through Arkansas, so a current route passes through Little Rock, AR although it's not on the planned I-69 route.
I-69 1 - 212 miles, Kuttawa, KY to Bloomington, IN. Tesla indicates Elberfeld, IN on findus, which could also serve I-69. An Evansville, IN Supercharger would also work.
I-74 2 - 339.1 miles, West Cincinatti, OH to Wytheville, VA. It's basically unbuilt between those two locations. The current fastest suggested route travels via Charleston, WV and would need 1 instead. Chillicothe, OH, which is at the intersection of US-23 and US-35 is on Tesla's findus map for 2019 and would be that one. But nobody has indicated any progress on a Chillicothe, OH Supercharger.
I-74 1 - 192.6 miles Mt Airy, NC to end (Lumberton, NC). It's currently in multiple segments and under construction. Tesla doesn't indicate anything to finish it off.
Good info, thanks for the effort. Nitpick: West Memphis is in AR, not TN.

Here's some good news. All of the articles covering this mention that Parkers wants to work with Tesla to put more units in their stations (can't call them gas stations any longer but fuel stations or will work!) Parkers is building a complex in Charleston as I write this according to the reports so maybe we will finally get the Charleston, SC Supercharger:

"Parker’s plans to add more Tesla Supercharger locations to its stores in the future.

“We recognize the shifting fuel demands of our customers and always strive to meet those demands,” said Jeff Bush, president of Parker’s. “As a larger percentage of our customers begin driving electric vehicles, we want to provide them with a state-of-the-art charging infrastructure at strategic Parker’s locations.”

Parker’s joins other c-store chains that have recently added EV charging stations, including 7-Eleven, Casey’s General Stores and Hy-Vee Inc.

Parker’s has 64 stores in coastal Georgia and South Carolina and is growing through a $50 million expansion in the Charleston, S.C., market. The company is No. 118 on CSP’s 2019 Top 202 ranking of c-store chains by number of retail outlets."

The stories all get the number of Supercharger heads wrong. There are actually 8 V3 heads at Metter instead of 6.