Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Metter, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Three hours ago navigation told me this location is temporarily closed, but I called Parkers and they said some of them are working. No status changes on Plugshare or supercharger.info. Someone on Plugshare checked in yesterday. I messaged him and he said all was well and navigation didn't say they were closed.

I'm heading to Charleston this afternoon and should reach Metter around 1900 EST, so if anyone has a solid status on this location I would appreciate it. My only other options are to hit the L2 charger here while we eat and then coast into Savannah, or go out of the way to the Macon SC.

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisC and MarcoRP
Three hours ago navigation told me this location is temporarily closed, but I called Parkers and they said some of them are working. No status changes on Plugshare or supercharger.info. Someone on Plugshare checked in yesterday. I messaged him and he said all was well and navigation didn't say they were closed.

I'm heading to Charleston this afternoon and should reach Metter around 1900 EST, so if anyone has a solid status on this location I would appreciate it. My only other options are to hit the L2 charger here while we eat and then coast into Savannah, or go out of the way to the Macon SC.
I was there last Saturday and they seemed to work, got up to about 230kw per for a couple minutes then it went down to 140kW (started at 9% SOC) but tried several stalls and never got V3 speeds again. Perhaps they are performing maintenance or tweaking things?

At Metter, hitting 63kw/192mi/hr. Not ideal, thought would be higher being a new SC. No one else charging.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 64
Stopped by Metter a couple of times last week. There were 2 stalls not working and it did show them on the map. Also got a great 0-60 on the on ramp (Model 3 AWD+). Was a little down hill so I thought that was make invalid but says low GPS for some reason. Are V3 electrons more potent? o_O:D

IMG_3969.jpeg

IMG_4037.png

Do you recall which stall you got 236kW out of?

Stopped by Metter a couple of times last week. There were 2 stalls not working and it did show them on the map. Also got a great 0-60 on the on ramp (Model 3 AWD+). Was a little down hill so I thought that was make invalid but says low GPS for some reason. Are V3 electrons more potent? o_O:D

View attachment 542414

View attachment 542415

Yes but they are not numbered (V3). In the past I have got 248kW out of one of the stalls that was out of service this time.

It was the back-in stall next to the trailer spot closest to the main road.

EDIT: Looks like it was 238kW and was on T-Day which was a couple of days after it opened.

Last edited:
Yes but they are not numbered (V3). In the past I have got 248kW out of one of the stalls that was out of service this time.

It was the back-in stall next to the trailer spot closest to the main road.

EDIT: Looks like it was 238kW and was on T-Day which was a couple of days after it opened.

For those Raven folks out there, I hit 199kW at the Metter site from the trailer stall #8, impressive compared to max 150kW on v2 sites. Now if we could get more V3 upgraded SC sites!

5DC11E10-2490-4198-8FBB-7EF487A7C730.jpeg
F72879BC-C3B2-4C83-851F-0421504D79A7.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: SigNC and mikes_fsd
If anybody is passing through Metter, chances are you are driving the length of I-16 and we could use some help with checking out a likely construction site in Dublin. If you are traveling on I-16 between Macon and Savannah, when passing by Dublin please take a 5 minute detour to the Burger King there and take a look at this site for us! I'm expecting the construction to be right next to the existing Georgia Power DCFC site. If you do stop by, please report what you found in this thread:

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/supercharger-dublin-ga.233469/

A little Metter love/hate and an observation. Anyone who has used know it is confusing with access to 7 stalls (and 2 shared) with a detected Tesla entrance (with ICE/Parker's pulling mistakenly in) and access to 1 stall (and 2 more shard) at the Parker's store. When I pulled in on 24th only A1 was available but there is NO WAY to get to it. I bet that stall has NEVER been used since you can only access it if no one is there and you did a 5 point turn to back in and you still may not line up. What a pooooor design. Even though a couple of spaces were open they were being used by Tesla's on the Parker's side. What poooor design. Luckily one was unplugging as I was maneuvering around like I was on FSD Beta.:oops::oops:

Can anyone try and use A1 (especially with a Tesla in A2), post a pic and tell me I can't drive?o_O

Here is a couple of pics I took on the way back on X-mass day and you can see that there is less than a parking space of length to pull up and the tiny curb inlet is useless for anything.

IMG_0092.jpeg

IMG_0093.jpeg

Last edited:
Not necessary, but it can be a bit tricky to get into the spots.

Basically 4 of the 8 are pretty easy, 2 kind-of OK and 2 very tricky. 👍
You can get into 1A? All the others are doable but 1A is the REAL problem. Please post a pic next time you do this because I'm not sure it can be done without hitting the curb. Especially if there is a car in 1B then 1A is blocked. If there is a car in 1B I think ChrisC is correct and you would have to back in from the street, which is a death wish and at best obtuse looking. Also A1 is never going to be used since even if there is no car at 1B it is 100x easer to get to 1B over 1A. So 1B will always be used and 1A will be blocked and unaccessible.

EDIT: Just think how much fun it is going to be for anyone with a Cyber Truck trying to get to any of the spots?:oops::oops:

IMG_0091.jpeg

IMG_0093.jpeg

Last edited: