TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Miami, FL - Mary Brickell Village

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Mr. PlugShare, May 4, 2019.

1. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare For the Love of EVs

User pacorredor90 spotted this on his car map and posted it on Supercharge.info! 4 stalls at 63kW each.
    DE4D903F-32AD-4216-8D05-FBE1BE73F0C1.jpeg

• Informative x 2
  2. Mr. PlugShare

3. Pablo Corredor

Thanks for reposting this here! Just now realizing that the mods check this forum way more often.

• Like x 1
  4. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

What a weird site config... 4 stalls, 63kW ... within 2 blocks of 20+ other SC stalls ... visible on the in-car nav, but not on the Tesla website map.

63 x 4 = 252kW. Basically the same as a v3 supercharger (per stall). Are these some new type of urban supercharger except using elements of the v3 backend?

Whoever is first to take photos may be able to answer some of these questions for us!

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 2
  5. Lacticacid

Lacticacid New Member

Can somebody clarify this, please? What is a 63kw charger? Somebody wrote 63 x 4 = 252kw or a V3 charger. Is it a V3 or is it not? Thank you.

6. mociaf9

mociaf9 Member

Could be that it was meant to be input as a 4 stall Destination Charger location with 6.3 kW power and just got added to the wrong list?

Whatever it is, if anything, it's definitely not a V3 supercharger. Chuq was commenting that the 4 combined stations in this listing had about equivalent power to a single V3 stall.

• Like x 1
  7. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Yep, that's exactly it. Just noticing the co-incidence that the numbers line up, nothing more.

Funny, after V3 was announced, I figured that after they go into mass deployment, Tesla will be able to continue to reuse 145kW/150kW SC hardware for urban supercharger sites. I thought it was Tesla being sneakily efficient. But perhaps they're planning a new format for urban SCs too.

(This is all speculation on my behalf, btw - don't take any of it too seriously)

8. Mr. PlugShare

But also, Tesla doesn’t use decimals when referring to kWs.

9. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

Could that be the new urban charger configuration? 1 cabinet and 4 stalls equally shared?

10. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

I am attempting to get clarification or correction from Tesla.

Larry

• Helpful x 2
  11. eyyopomps

eyyopomps New Member

If this one is real FL has really been getting the love of superchargers this year. Just want that key west one now!

12. Larry Chanin

My contact at Tesla states, "Hi Larry - the Supercharger at Mary Brickell is open to the public and the information on the UI is correct for the site." I have informed her that people have not been able to find the charging terminals and she has not yet responded to my request for directions to them.

Larry

13. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

Yes, with Key West could make it round trip to Havana. Round trip from Marathon is a bit of a stretch.

14. Pablo Corredor

Just passed by. It’s a supercharger! I’ll post some pics later today.

• Informative x 3
  15. Larry Chanin

Hi Pablo,

Thanks. Would you please also provide directions to the charging terminals from the parking lot entrance?

Larry

16. Pablo Corredor

02A5EEDB-2FBC-427D-BF04-2DDD932825D7.jpeg B223E90A-3F60-408A-A999-3BC917844428.jpeg 2393752E-1AA9-4A99-9897-574A92B8827B.jpeg FE9DD19B-3715-45B1-9BF6-0B04A6830FDC.jpeg FE5E31D2-5611-4924-B071-0AA2F7C21CE2.jpeg 294ECC17-F5D3-436E-BFFD-25B26C747FE6.jpeg

• Like x 5
  17. Pablo Corredor

Third floor (entry floor). Northeast corner. The sign they have makes it easy to find. I assume that was put there after Anthony tried to find them.

18. MS85DAnthony

MS85DAnthony Member

Nice find! Yeah I think the sign was added after I went because I didn't see any Tesla Supercharger sign. I'll remove my previous comment since it inaccurate.

19. Hammer@OR.US

[email protected] What a long strange trip its been.

The cabinets clearly say 72kW x 2, what's up with the 63kW rating?

• Like x 1
  20. eladts

eladts Member

Regular V2 cabinets say 135kW, yet Tesla now advertises them now as 150kW. It could be that the power in this location is limited so the cabinets are software limited to 2x63kW.

• Like x 4