TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Miami - SW 8th St, FL

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Chuq, May 31, 2018.

1. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

• Informative x 1
  2. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

This is not a surprise. There are two distinct locations in Brickell City Centre, on on the East SW 7th St, one on the West, under Saks, SW 8th St. The latter was activated later for unknown reasons. Anyway it is very good news that they are both now open.

3. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Ahh I see. I knew there was a second batch of chargers to be activated at 7th St, I thought they were really close - close enough to be the same site! I figured this one was far enough away that it wasn't part of the 7th St one. Sorry, I guess that's what happens when I'm an armchair supercharger stalker and not a local!

• Like x 1
  4. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Were it not for you, Chuq, I would not know about Tasmanian charging options nor many others around the world. This is one of those very rare local idiosyncrasies. Luckily we’ll have more of these coming.:D

• Like x 1
  5. GoCanes

GoCanes Member

And it’s probably a good idea to have their status reported separately (in case one set of chargers fills up and you don’t waste time looking to see if the other set of chargers is full!).

• Like x 2
  6. alexsemi

alexsemi Member

Is it a separate garage? Is either one of them trully free / easy to get parking ticket stammped to get it for free?
    I remember I was charged $1 when had to charge around 1AM at night, makes no sence to me, same as charging it overnight at home.

7. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Good, charging overnight at home is what you should be doing.

• Disagree x 1
  8. GoCanes

GoCanes Member

It's all one underground parking garage that extends for three city blocks. And it's not free - $3 for the first 2 hours, I believe. But you can get 50% off on parking at a desk on the 2nd level (just don't wait too late - that desk seems to close around 9:00 pm).

9. alseTrick

alseTrick Active Member

That is not an option for everybody and people need to quit acting like it is.

10. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

The wording in the comment I was responding to suggested that it was an option for him.