Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Middletown, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Looks like the Middletown Supercharger will be located at the upcoming (or perhaps already open) Wawa at 5018 Summit Bridge Road in Middletown, DE.

In a town planning document I found, there is an amended land development plan to move "the electric car charging stations to the area of the parking lot that will front Summit Bridge Road from their previous location in the rear parking lot."

I can't yet confirm whether or not these are Superchargers, but it seems so, mostly based on Tesla's Q2 2021 prediction as well as its location.

Almost certainly Tesla. Tesla announced Middletown as a coming soon location (not that that has meant much in the past, but it is some signal of intent), and there is no Walmart/shopping mall/outlet mall there, so probably not EA. Being a Wawa, it could be either, but I'd bet on Tesla.

Last edited:
As it turns out, it was indeed for Tesla.

Yep, I drove past there early this morning and saw the contractors working on the cabinet installs..Brand new Wawa

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and MarcoRP
Great location for us - right on our route from Connecticut to Annapolis. Used to be the ONLY supercharger we could use was Newark! Amazing how much has changed in a few short years.
Yeah Tes-S, I agree how much has changed. Newark was always crowded. I use the Grasonville MD on the way Annapolis. Easy access and never any crowding issues. Middletown will be very welcomed. Charge up before hitting I-95 and avoid Newark.

Was really bad when there were just 4 pedestals, and no other supercharger options. With 12 at least the line moves if it is crowded, and no need to charge to full with other superchargers close by. Time for an upgrade to V3.

Sooner or later Newark will be upgraded to v3 or they will put another v3 around the area/exits. Newark is heavily used SC. I-95 all the way to NoVA/DC burbs is heavily covered with SC’s every 30-40 miles and plenty of other charging options.

Delmarva power is really good compared to other utility providers.

Middletown, DE

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-13, US-301
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-13

To: Bear, DE - 17.5 miles
Diversion: 7.9 miles
To: Claymont - Philadelphia Pike, DE - 31.6 miles

US-301

To: End (DE-1 Biddles Corner, DE) - 6.5 miles
Diversion: 1.8 miles

To: Easton, MD (US-301, MD-213, US-50) - 58.4 miles
To: Newark, DE (DE-71-DE-896, I-95) - 16 miles
To: Bear, DE (US-301, DE-1, US-40) - 15 miles
To: North East, MD (DE-71-DE-896, I-95) - 27.9 miles
To: Lancaster, PA (DE-71-DE-896, I-95, MD-272/PA-272, US-1, PA-472, PA-372, US-222, l) - 64.8 miles

More v3 Supercharging, on US-301.

It’s open now! Worked great. Still not on Tesla’s map.
B0BDF06C-E11A-41C2-B60A-59E0C3FFA2D3.jpeg