Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Miles and Loot Box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So. Here’s the deal. I had a 2020 MY that I just sold. I had 1200 or so supercharger miles from referrals that were set to expire in September 2022. I did a factory reset and removed the car from my app. I have a VIN for my 2022 MY. I have a pickup date of 11/23. I no longer have a “Loot Box” in my app and therefore no supercharger miles balance. I am under the impression that the miles stay with the account not the car. Will I get a “Loot Box” again when I pick up my 2022 and will my 1200 miles be in there? Anyone else have experience with this situation? I did a Google search and got nothing helpful.

So. Here’s the deal. I had a 2020 MY that I just sold. I had 1200 or so supercharger miles from referrals that were set to expire in September 2022. I did a factory reset and removed the car from my app. I have a VIN for my 2022 MY. I have a pickup date of 11/23. I no longer have a “Loot Box” in my app and therefore no supercharger miles balance. I am under the impression that the miles stay with the account not the car. Will I get a “Loot Box” again when I pick up my 2022 and will my 1200 miles be in there? Anyone else have experience with this situation? I did a Google search and got nothing helpful.
Tesla owes us supercharger miles also.
We wrote them this week and the SC told us in writing that the referral program is closed and they can not issue more new miles in our loot box.
Anyone else get this type of customer service?
Seems like they are just treating customers like a throw away item at this stage in many cases.
We sincerely hope not.
If you ignore the customer, they go away. Basic business rules.

• Funny
Reactions: GeezerSquid
I had miles on my LR and then sold it. A week after I picked up MYP it still had the remaining Supercharger miles in my loot box. Also from northern NJ!

Tesla owes us supercharger miles also.
We wrote them this week and the SC told us in writing that the referral program is closed and they can not issue more new miles in our loot box.
Anyone else get this type of customer service?
Seems like they are just treating customers like a throw away item at this stage in many cases.
We sincerely hope not.
If you ignore the customer, they go away. Basic business rules.
Got the same response! I had a referral from July that didn’t post to my account abs they won’t honor it now.

• Informative
Reactions: JerseyShoreMY