Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Miles City, MT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bothell was added to the Nav and app as "Temporary Closure" a few days ago. I went to check on it both Saturday and Wednesday and it was still not open, in fact, it doesn't even look complete. I'm guessing that whoever added both Miles City and Bothell to the Nav screwed up and linked Miles City to Bothell for som reason. I believe the reason for the different charge is that MT superchargers have a cheaper rate than WA superchargers. I have FREE supercharging but from what I hear the price per kW varies state to state.

• Informative
Reactions: Bighorn and PACEMD
I see that Bothell, WA has urban chargers under construction. Maybe they somehow got their wires crossed reporting back to the mothership.

Right, the stand on the end is probably wired underground directly to the transformer in Bothell. Probably what crashed Bothell, me stealing their juice. Interstate theft no less........No, really, I was out of town when that sh*t happened...........

For the last 2 weeks, the 4 chargers on the end away from the transformer in Miles City have not been working, 1a, blah blah blah, not just me other travelers as well. But at least charging on the transformer side I'm not charged Bothell rates. Is there a way to notify Tesla when chargers are down?

For the last 2 weeks, the 4 chargers on the end away from the transformer in Miles City have not been working, 1a, blah blah blah, not just me other travelers as well. But at least charging on the transformer side I'm not charged Bothell rates. Is there a way to notify Tesla when chargers are down?

When I went through there a couple of weeks ago, the Tesla map showed it as being offline. I went to double check (it is a long stretch between Glendville and Billings with the strong headwind we had going westbound) and found the four chargers working. If the map shows it offline, Tesla knows.

There is major construction going on in the area. Not sure if the problem has anything to do with that.

By the four chargers you mean the ones on the transformer side? I've only seen it listed offline once on the Tesla site but I don't check that often. When I have checked the Tesla supercharger site Miles City is listed but like Dickinson and unlike Glendive does not state the number of chargers. All 8 in Miles City were working until 2 weeks ago. The construction at our roundabout/bridge is unlikely to be related.

By the four chargers you mean the ones on the transformer side? I've only seen it listed offline once on the Tesla site but I don't check that often. When I have checked the Tesla supercharger site Miles City is listed but like Dickinson and unlike Glendive does not state the number of chargers. All 8 in Miles City were working until 2 weeks ago. The construction at our roundabout/bridge is unlikely to be related.

I don't remember where the transformer was, but I first tried a charger on the side closest to the road. That did not work, so I tried one on the far side. That one worked. I know for sure that the map showed it offline when I was looking. I had a discussion with another Tesla driver in Glendville about it. He had a shorter range X and definitely wasn't going to make it without the Miles City SC.

It is working, at least the 4 chargers away from the road/nearest the transformer. Those have been online since initial hookup. I charge there once a week. What is new is the 1st 4 being offline. Not sure how reliable the Tesla site is for telling us the status of these Miles City chargers since this one and Dickinson have only partial information. I guess I could check the app/car but can't just now because of blah blah blah........

Sure, similar states of charge. Meaning I first tried the charger closest to the street then several minutes later the one closest to the transformer. Temperature in the 90s.
Referring to your car battery’s SOC. It heavily influences possible charge acceptance. You might see 250 kW at 10% and 60 kW at 80%.
My 2013 Model S only saw rates of 35 kW at 50% charge last week with temperatures in the 90s, so there’s that.

Referring to your car battery’s SOC. It heavily influences possible charge acceptance. You might see 250 kW at 10% and 60 kW at 80%.
My 2013 Model S only saw rates of 35 kW at 50% charge last week with temperatures in the 90s, so there’s that.

Right, I understood. SOC was 45%. I am generally at 20% when I use these chargers. But good point........

I charged there August 30th without issue. All stalls were lit and my charge rate was normal.
But... I met a Tesla owner the next day at the Glendive supercharger and he said that he tried every stall and only 1 of the 8 worked at Miles City.

That being said, I’ve never seen a supercharger where only 1 stall worked (they usually go down in pairs or quads) and it seems unlikely that I just happened to guess the right stall on my first try or that 7 of the 8 stalls went down in the 12 hours since I’d been there. Also the guy seemed like a n00b on his first ever Tesla trip (driving a new Model 3 that makes the whirring noise when in reverse).

Maybe 4 of the 8 were down as has happened at many other v3 superchargers. And he was just exaggerating when he said he tried every stall.

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian