Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Miles City, MT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
View attachment 462929 View attachment 462930 View attachment 462927 View attachment 462928 View attachment 462928 Crews are almost done running wires and will be finishing cement work by Monday. This is by the Holiday Inn Express there along the west side of their parking lot. Plan for the crew is to head west to Miles City afterwards.
Miles City location found!

What: Found pre-excavation, undergound utilities location request for installing Superchargers (likely 8 V3 stalls) at the Cenex Zip Trip gas station/truck stop, which is about a 1/4 mile from the I-94 ramps. And based on the date of the call and the above quoted info from the Glendive thread, it's quite possible that they've broken ground already.

Address
: 1815 S Haynes Ave, Miles City, MT 59301 (note: the satellite picture is old and doesn't show the gas station which is pretty new)
GPS (guess): 46.390475, -105.823359

One Call ticket #19107486
Original Call Date: 10/08/19 12:29 pm
Work to Begin Date: 10/11/19 12:00 am

Type of Work: INSTALL TESLA SUPERCHARGERS
Work Being Done For: ENERGY ONE

Location of Work: EXCAVATION SITE IS ON THE W SIDE OF THE ROAD. ADD APX 1/4 MI N FROM ABV INTER. MARK S SIDE OF PARKING LOT BTWN PROPANE TANK AND CONCRETE DUMPSTER ENCLOSURE IN GREEN SOFTSCAPE AT ABV ADD. +CALLER STATES THIS IS AT A CENEX ZIP-TRIP GAS STOP+
Remarks: UPDT TICKET - NEEDS REMARKING

@BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP

Miles City Supercharger construction, location as noted above by mociaf9. The crew had no predictions about completion dates.........."oh......should be done by March at least". This crew stated they only do the underground part so really have no idea.

IMG_0710.jpeg

Last edited:
No, thank you for finding the details. I just accidentally saw the construction this evening and recognized the logo on the truck/trailer as that of the Bozeman electrical crew who just did Glendive. I've been looking mostly on the town side of I-94. I had found no permits just a few days ago, so thanks for digging that up.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TreborThickweb
No, thank you for finding the details. I just accidentally saw the construction this evening and recognized the logo on the truck/trailer as that of the Bozeman electrical crew who just did Glendive. I've been looking mostly on the town side of I-94. I had found no permits just a few days ago, so thanks for digging that up.

Please, stop by again and ask the guy if they have another installation to do between Billings and Miles City.

Oh, right. I totally forgot to ask about the Bighorn site. Will do.........

Custer and Forsyth seem like they're the two obvious places that could split Billings, MT and Miles City, MT.

Forsyth, MT is larger and that's where US-12 joins I-94.
But it's 108 miles from the Billings, MT Supercharger.

Custer, MT is small, so not many places, but a Supercharger at the saloon (which has a SEMAConnect charger) or gas station/convenience store, would split the gap 60.9 miles and 91.2 miles, which would be a better split.

Miles City, MT

Along Primary Interstates: I-94
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-12
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: MT-59

I-94

To: Glendive, MT - 77.3 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: Dickinson, ND - 173.6 miles

From: Sheridan, WY (I-90, WY-338/MT-314, US-212, MT-39, I-94) - 181.8 miles
From: Rapid City, SD (I-90, SD-34, US-85, US-212, MT-59) - 227.2 miles

To: Moose Jaw, SK (MT-59/SK-36) - 321.3 miles

Another location on I-94. Only one more location to go.