Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Miles City, MT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No meter yet. Just needs the meter and to flip the switch. The meter's not the problem. Turning on the juice is. Seems like Tesla is waiting to go down the line activating the stations. Meaning they likely will not turn on our power until ND is ready.
Thanks for your continuing to check on this.

No mater how Tesla plans to schedule the power up process in ND, the meter must be installed before the Tesla Tech starts any testing. The meter is normally installed a day or two ahead of Tesla Tech testing and power up of each Supercharger location.

Reactions: PLUS EV
So the utility company is holding things up perhaps? Whenever I've had a meter installed it was only a matter of hours to days, depending on how busy the utility company was. In Miles City that's not likely to be a long wait, I wouldn't think.

Hard to say.... Tesla may not have put in the order, Utility may be short staffed by Covid, may be a shortage of meters... gas prices too low, so ND rebelling.....

The Tesla techs have to check each stall individually and then upload the information into the Tesla system before it is "official." Several years ago I watched the tech here locally as he was doing his voodoo. He plugged in at each stall, did some testing, unplugged, moved to the next stall until he completed his work. He also removed the covers from all the stanchions and was fiddling about with the guts.

The tech will have to come from either Minneapolis or Denver to access North Dakota and eastern Montana without driving across country. Just guessing here--because of COVID-19 and perhaps other factors, finalization of SC across this stretch of highway will be undertaken once signs point to reopening the country for travel. Then a tech will be dispatched to test each location and declare them open for business. I think it would take one person two and one half days from Fargo to Billings or vice-versa to activate all the locations.

In the past, sometimes the power gets switched on a couple of days before the tech arrives. I'm not certain if this is the case today or not.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart