Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Miles City, MT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Worst confirmation ever? Someone who "is not there" posting that it's live with no proof definitely isn't worth a red dot on supercharge.info imo.
Tesla employees can't post. I respect their privacy on publicly accessible forums.

The other person clearly spoke some to the Tesla employee so that should be plenty of info to go on. There is also a ND owner on the way to Glendive and then Miles City right now. They will be able to confirm on here if they choose to:)

Reactions: PACEMD
The four nearest the road are working. The first 4 I tried gave a red light error. Excuse me while I use the bathroom
C5A7495E-A693-4996-8DB9-A0AC46A7EC9B.jpeg

Sweet everyone! Thanks for posting this. Maybe I will be able to take the Tesla from Denver to Billings to Glendive and back to Denver now! Yeah...just need Casper up and running. Thanks!
If you're really going from Glendive back to Denver, you don't even want to go through Casper. Fastest route is Glendive-Miles City-Gillette-Wheatland-Denver. All easy legs with superchargers alone. The longest gap is ~175 miles.

Reactions: smartypnz
If you're really going from Glendive back to Denver, you don't even want to go through Casper. Fastest route is Glendive-Miles City-Gillette-Wheatland-Denver. All easy legs with superchargers alone. The longest gap is ~175 miles.

Thanks and yep will take that way back home -thanks! My guess is Casper will be up and running on July 7 as I would love to drive there in July 6th on my way to Billings. Haha.

Ok, what's it called when you reverse ICE a gas pump? Being electriced? I had to wash the Montana bugs off my windshield and the wipers ain't gonna cut it. But then I needed to walk into the store briefly and there were no parking spots so I let the car sit at the pump. Inconsiderate really.......The supercharger in Big Timber, MT, has a windshield cleaner thingy on site but most around here do not. They should, right? What do you think? Class-action lawsuit?
IMG_0069.jpeg

And I have to say that having the supercharger here in Miles City has already greatly simplified my life. I drive the 150-mile commute from Billings to Miles City, stop at the Miles City SC and add 100 miles in 10 minutes, and I'm good to go. I top off for free at the apartment and the hospital at 5-6 mph, 120v 15 and 20 amps, but no longer have to use strategy to know I have enough juice to make it home. It's truly the snake's hips. And it's not even winter yet, when the going really gets tough. Next winter I will be able to say, who gives a fu*k? I know it's only rock and roll but I like it..........

Ok, what's it called when you reverse ICE a gas pump? Being electriced? I had to wash the Montana bugs off my windshield and the wipers ain't gonna cut it. But then I needed to walk into the store briefly and there were no parking spots so I let the car sit at the pump. Inconsiderate really.......The supercharger in Big Timber, MT, has a windshield cleaner thingy on site but most around here do not. They should, right? What do you think? Class-action lawsuit? View attachment 555650

Yeah and to make matters worse, the bugs know it.

The Nav is glitchy when going through Miles City. It can’t populate a value for charging time and it shows zero minutes for the stop, regardless of how long you need to charge.

Last night, there was a four hour power outage that took the c-store and gas pumps off line, as well as darkening the chargers, and plunged the whole area into darkness between 1 and 5 am. One of the front four chargers didn’t work for me come morning and someone else was charging on the back four, so the pattern of operational stalls has changed since my last passage.

So here was my bill for the Miles City supercharger last Sunday. Listed as charging at Bothell, WA.

Bothell, WA
06/28/2020 2:06PM
$9.92
Energy 32 kWh @ $0.31/kWh $9.92
Status Success

Versus the Sunday before. Exact same charger/stand.

Miles City, MT
06/23/2020 1:53PM
$7.50
Energy 30 kWh @ $0.25/kWh $7.50
Status Success

Any guesses why this was logged at Bot-hell and at a higher rate and not Miles City where I actually charged? I don't really care, just strange.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PStewart
I first wondered if someone hacked my account. I did pick up the car in Bellevue, WA, close to Bothell. But that was my charge energy-wise and the exact time/date I was charging in Miles City. There are no other Miles City charges for that day.
Miles City is wonky, like I said. You can’t properly navigate through it and there is no status of the pedestals on the map. Might be why you saw an anomaly. The pattern of working stalls also changed between my two visits which were separated by a mass power outage.