Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Miles City, MT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure, but I on the other hand would precisely assume that at all. That's exactly why I said what I said. They have at this point finally chosen a location consistent with an actual in-the-field investigation and discussion. They did not pick Custer and designate that as a future location with the assumption that they can do whatever the fu*k they want in Montana, unlike the Bighorn random initial pin. This is very different. Know your Montana on the ground case crowd.........or just argue with me forever, who gives a fu*k........... whatever pleases you.........As always, I'm at your argumentative service........
Watt?!?

Sure, well I could have better expressed that idea. Meaning in rural Montana making an assumption that you can put a dot on a map and work out the details of exactly where to put a supercharger later is not so likely to work. In an actual city perhaps. Bighorn has literally no place to install a charger. Custer does but in reality only one location. I do not think Tesla just randomly placed yet another dot on the map with no investigation of the details. They rejected Bighorn for a reason. Jumping from there to the assumption that the one location in Custer would, without question, accept a charger would be foolish, to say the least. I'm fairly sure the restaurant/bar there would be happy to have more customers and as I said they already have a 30a charger, so likely a good spot. But I will investigate and report back here.

Last edited:
Sure, well I could have better expressed that idea. Meaning in rural Montana making an assumption that you can put a dot on a map and work out the details of exactly where to put a supercharger later is not so likely to work. In an actual city perhaps. Bighorn has literally no place to install a charger. Custer does but in reality only one location. I do not think Tesla just randomly placed yet another dot on the map with no investigation of the details. They rejected Bighorn for a reason. Jumping from there to the assumption that the one location in Custer would, without question, accept a charger would be foolish, to say the least. I'm fairly sure the restaurant/bar there would be happy to have more customers and as I said they already have a 30a charger, so likely a good spot. But I will investigate and report back here.
You either misunderstood me or you are presenting a strawman. The issue I had with your post was your assumption that "Tesla has made arrangements" when the supercharger pin says "Target opening in 2022." I take that to mean it's an aspirational pin and they hope to put a supercharger there some day. Had it said "Target opening Q1 (or Q2) 2021," I would assume they at least had a permit lined up and that it might even be under construction.

Anyways, I have no disagreement about which town it is likely to go in. I'm aware that Bighorn is little more than a name on a map and not likely to host a supercharger. In fact, I scouted out some of these locations when I drove through the area a few months ago.

Reactions: Rocky_H and PACEMD
Yeah, sorry man, I was out-of-sync there, bit of a misfire. The point was there are arrangements and there are arrangements. Meaning by arrangements I was not implying a contract but rather that I had on the ground reasons to believe this location was not random. It was intended as a simple statement. You and I, it seems, at times have to finetune the wavelength to understand one another. I'll try to keep my divining rod sharpened in future........dowsing with strawmen can be a messy business.........

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
So I can't get any of the Miles City chargers to work yesterday or today. I have tried 4/8 of the chargers, two on each side/end. The charger stands have the lights on and when plugged into the car I get the blue T flashing, the car screen stating charging starting..........then nothing more. Is there a way to report this to Tesla?

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
Miles City chargers still down. I did this am contact Tesla who said all 8 chargers are showing as off-line. I was told they would send someone to check this out today or tomorrow. Mind you folks from out of state don't always understand when today or tomorrow comes around in rural Montana, but at least the problem has been reported..........

On PlugShare there is a photo that claims to be showing this SC getting Magic Docks. That would be nice as there is no other DCFC between Dickinson and Billings.
Agree that photos are inconclusive. Most other Magic Dock installs have been less than a day. Supposed to be a simple swap. Doubt they would have been there “prepping” on 10/9 and not have anything installed by now. Could have just been regular maintenance unless said charger talked to the Tesla staff on site.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia