Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

supercharger miles expiration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks.....just to follow up on some posts from last month. I had free miles in my loot box which showed a June 30 expiration. I assumed that meant they were good all day, but just FYI they aren’t. I checked that morning, they were still showing in my loot box. Left on a major trip that afternoon, supercharged three times, had to pay each time, miles gone from loot box when I checked at first charge.

Complained to Tesla to no avail, that’s the way it works. I know we’re talking peanuts for money, but I thought it was a bit misleading.

Hey folks.....just to follow up on some posts from last month. I had free miles in my loot box which showed a June 30 expiration. I assumed that meant they were good all day, but just FYI they aren’t. I checked that morning, they were still showing in my loot box. Left on a major trip that afternoon, supercharged three times, had to pay each time, miles gone from loot box when I checked at first charge.

Complained to Tesla to no avail, that’s the way it works. I know we’re talking peanuts for money, but I thought it was a bit misleading.
Same happened to me

Well this is getting strange......I gave another referral to a friend, and that 1000 miles kicked in on June 30 also, but apparently not in time for my trip. But, my loot box shows another referral from someone named Charles, who took delivery on July 1, and now I have a grand total of 2129 miles that will expire on June 30, 2023.

who the hell is Charles, and they expire in three years??

gotta love Tesla!

Same thing happened to me. Very frustrating, given that I planned a 400 mile drive on June 30 specifically because of the expiration. I’d have been able to spend a few more days with family if I didn’t have the June 30th expiration hanging over me - and it all ended up being for nothing. If Tesla did not plan to allow the miles to be used on the 30th, they should have listed the 29th as the expiration date. Any reasonable person would have assumed that the miles needed to be used by the end of the day on the 30th.