TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger Miles - Model 3

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Maggy78, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Maggy78

Maggy78 Member

Hi all,
    When do we see free supercharger miles in Tesla account? Is it after collecting Model3, as I am collecting mine tomorrow and donot see anything in the account yet?Have ordered using the referral link.

2. NorfolkMustard

NorfolkMustard Active Member

Yeah. Could be a day or so after. Be glad it doesn’t start early as they expire 6months after activating

• Like x 2
  3. AndrewR

AndrewR Member

Apparently all new Model 3s also come with free supercharging for the first 48 hours to help folks get home. Would make sense as I have had two SC visits in 48 hours and not been charged or had my 1000 miles depleted

• Like x 2
  4. Aaronalex

Aaronalex Member

My miles (for referring someone else who has collected before me) have been in my account since August despite not having recieved my car.
    I hope they give me a fresh 6 months from Collection!

5. freekie

freekie Member

I used a Supercharger at WD before driving home but it was not free. I did receive a bill.

6. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

Did you not have referral miles?

I’ve used about 500 of the 1000 supercharger miles now no charging problems since pickup

7. freekie

freekie Member

No
    No referral miles as I don’t know anyone who had a Tesla. :(

8. TezzyMod3

TezzyMod3 Member

There’s a whole forum full here!

Someone said they may honour it after the order is placed. Always worth trying. PM me or anyone else here if you need a code

• Like x 1
  9. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Well-Known Member

Most anecdotal evidence is that that is typically not easy to achieve (at the least likely to be a long wait on the phone). Long after collection, e.g. when picking it up!, I very much will be possible. Happy to be corrected though.

1,000 miles on home Off Peak tariff is around £20 quid, and used on trips at Supercharger is a saving of around £60

10. Breakfast

Breakfast Member

Not my experience. I charged on the way home and it cost ~£7.

11. phillcom3

phillcom3 Member

Plenty of videos plenty of sites plenty of people on here to find the referee codes.

12. AndrewR

AndrewR Member

Has it appeared in your account? I charged up on the way back as well and whilst it shows on the screen in the car it's not appeared in my Tesla account

13. TezzyMod3

TezzyMod3 Member

My account also shows 1000 miles despite using 100miles on way home.

14. Bernard_S

Bernard_S Member

I was charged nearly £10 on the way home even though I had 1000 miles free. I guess it's insignificant in the grand scheme of things but I don't want it happening again. Any idea what's going wrong ?

15. AndrewR

AndrewR Member

No idea sorry, I stopped at South Mimms on the way home from West Drayton, "cost" was £9 but it hasn't been billed and not subtracted from my balance either.

16. Bernard_S

Bernard_S Member

Scuse my ignorance but how do do you know it hasn't been billed ? I can't see it in my account so maybe it hasn't

17. AndrewR

AndrewR Member

If you Tesla account you should see an option for "History" and this will show your historical Supercharger history if you've been billed for it

• Helpful x 1
  18. Bernard_S

Bernard_S Member

No history option showing so hopefully no charge :)

• Like x 1
  19. ajp558

ajp558 Member

History should be on your Tesla account web page, near top right hand side (see ringed in red).

Here is what mine shows about my one charging experience the day after collection. This was taken from my 1000 free referral miles.

upload_2019-9-30_15-57-4.png

• Informative x 1