Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Milford, CT - Boston Post Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is very nice. The two stalls NB and two stalls SB at the rest area in Milford are convenient, but not adequate - and very easy to get paired or queued. 14 stalls at the mall will be a great alternative and add needed capacity. Also close to Darien which has 4 stalls NB and 4 stalls SB, and can get crowded.

Just to let you know, 14 Superchargers are currently getting installed at the Connecticut Post Mall in Milford.

I was in the area, so I drove by and found the site. It is in the corner of the Macy's parking lot. Not really close to the mall entrance -- which is probably good because less of a chance of "ice-ing" there. I took a few pics, but didn't want to get too close.
IMG_3824.JPG
IMG_3819.JPG
IMG_3820.JPG
IMG_3821.JPG
IMG_3823.JPG

Are you from California??

We don't call it "The 95" on this side of the country. :) ;)

It's just "95" or "I-95", or more accurately "the parking lot", "race track", or "demolition derby" depending on which state you're in.
As a native of the San Francisco Bay Area, I would like to take the opportunity to point out that the usage of definite articles when referring to freeway numbers is a practice which is largely restricted to Californians who are residents of the great smog belt south of the Tehachapis, and such usage instantly identifies to a northern California native a person transplanted from the south, one of the linguistic heathen who have been so unfortunate as to have spent a significant amount of time there. We had discussed building a fence across the Grapevine over to the coast near Santa Barbara or maybe San Luis Obispo to prevent such behavior from creeping northwards, and as the upcoming administration seems to be in favor of such measures, plans are moving into high gear. Constant vigilance is required to prevent the further decline of western civilization in this area.

As a native of the San Francisco Bay Area, I would like to take the opportunity to point out that the usage of definite articles when referring to freeway numbers is a practice which is largely restricted to Californians who are residents of the great smog belt south of the Tehachapis, and such usage instantly identifies to a northern California native a person transplanted from the south, one of the linguistic heathen who have been so unfortunate as to have spent a significant amount of time there. We had discussed building a fence across the Grapevine over to the coast near Santa Barbara or maybe San Luis Obispo to prevent such behavior from creeping northwards, and as the upcoming administration seems to be in favor of such measures, plans are moving into high gear. Constant vigilance is required to prevent the further decline of western civilization in this area.
I presume La La Land is going to pay for it as well.

It wasn't immediately obvious from the photos to me where the chargers exactly were so I went by to take a look. I was going to take some photos but as of yesterday it didn't really look any different than above.

Coordinates of spaces: 41.237902, -73.036054

I've circled in red below the exact spaces.

upload_2017-1-16_12-33-5.png

Commentary: This is a great location as unless the mall is super crowded no one parks in this lot as you have to cross the mall road to get to the mall from it. Its also very close to chipotle and Starbucks to the NE.

Reactions: ArtInCT and shelbri
Anybody care to speculate?
Will these be in addition to or in place of the current Milford superchargers?

If we see others pop up near Darien and Greenwich then I would suspect in place of. But my gut says they're in addition, because they can't take any more spaces in the service areas but clearly need to gear up for Model 3 volumes to come.

Visited a few days ago. Not too much further. They do have this crazy sign up

Attachments

• 2017-01-27 20.04.18.jpg
    2017-01-27 20.04.18.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 160
  • 2017-01-27 20.04.41.jpg
    2017-01-27 20.04.41.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 151
  • 2017-01-27 20.04.56.jpg
    2017-01-27 20.04.56.jpg
    409.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 2017-01-27 20.05.17.jpg
    2017-01-27 20.05.17.jpg
    418.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 2017-01-27 20.05.36.jpg
    2017-01-27 20.05.36.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 146
So I figured it was time for an update and took a drive this morning to check out progress.

As far as I can tell, construction is complete. Everything looks buttoned up and ready to go.

Two items that surprised me. There are 14 stalls, I thought there were only 12.

All 14 spots have Tesla Only parking signs, none with 30 min general parking.

Tesla is definitely gearing up for expansion, despite CT's ridiculous rules about sales in CT. I heard that folks are now not even allowed to pick up their purchase at the Milford service center. Instead, they have to go to NY or MA. Just plain stupid!!!

2017-02-26%2008.34.20%20HDR.jpg

2017-02-26%2008.36.17.jpg

Reactions: Thinkje