Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Milford, CT - Boston Post Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Commentary: This is a great location as unless the mall is super crowded no one parks in this lot as you have to cross the mall road to get to the mall from it. Its also very close to chipotle and Starbucks to the NE.

Good to know, I'm getting tired of the Milford Service Area food selection. What other offerings, and how late would you expect they're open? I tend to avoid the West Hartford Supercharger on my trips back to Boston after a full day of work, because by the time I get there everything is closed or closing. Even if the hours are the same, Milford is 30-45 minutes closer to NYC.

I visited the Milford Post Mall Supercharger site today at noon.
Talked to the electrical contractor doing the work.
They are essentially finished with their part.
Tesla is sending out a crew from the West Coast to inspect and turn on the Superchargers.
The contractor estimated it will be turned on within a month.
While discussing the large size of the Milford site, he informed me that a huge Supercharger site is being planned
for the Danbury Connecticut area which may be as big or bigger than Milford.

I visited the Milford Post Mall Supercharger site today at noon.
Talked to the electrical contractor doing the work.
They are essentially finished with their part.
Tesla is sending out a crew from the West Coast to inspect and turn on the Superchargers.
The contractor estimated it will be turned on within a month.
While discussing the large size of the Milford site, he informed me that a huge Supercharger site is being planned
for the Danbury Connecticut area which may be as big or bigger than Milford.

Danbury is very-much needed. Exciting news!!

Good to know, I'm getting tired of the Milford Service Area food selection. What other offerings, and how late would you expect they're open? I tend to avoid the West Hartford Supercharger on my trips back to Boston after a full day of work, because by the time I get there everything is closed or closing. Even if the hours are the same, Milford is 30-45 minutes closer to NYC.

I would guess the mall is open until 9 and chipotle and starbucks probably 10

I was by there last weekend, and construction looked complete. The fence was down and transformer installed, but it did not appear to be powered up yet. I should be passing by there again later today, so if I see any change I'll report back.

Issues on my RI-JFK commute. Syosset on long island was down (not sure if it's back, I don't use that one) sending more people to JFK. JFK only had 1 of 4 bays working Wed, Thurs, Fri. (not sure about today.)

Thankfully I'd heard of the JFK reduced service on FB (though that only said 1 bay wasn't working - not the case) because it wasn't reflecting on the nav screen. So charged longer at Darien so I would have enough to make it back to Darien when I returned from my trip. If I hadn't, and done my usual quick stop for just enough with buffer to get to JFK to charge for the trip home, I would have been screwed. Was leaving for 3 days with frigid temps, and would have had to figure out other charging or else leave with very low range. Or just call in sick for work since I would have missed my flight. :(

Last edited:
Issues on my RI-JFK commute. Syosset on long island was down (not sure if it's back, I don't use that one) sending more people to JFK. JFK only had 1 of 4 bays working Wed, Thurs, Fri. (not sure about today.)

Thankfully I'd heard of the JFK reduced service on FB (though that only said 1 bay wasn't working - not the case) because it wasn't reflecting on the nav screen. So charged longer at Darien so I would have enough to make it back to Darien when I returned from my trip. If I hadn't, and done my usual quick stop for just enough with buffer to get to JFK to charge for the trip home, I would have been screwed. Was leaving for 3 days with frigid temps, and would have had to figure out other charging or else leave with very low range. Or just call in sick for work since I would have missed my flight. :(

Hi Bimbels - wow what a story - I am new this this - just got my car in January - how did you know on FB the apparent reduced service??
Thanks

Hi Bimbels - wow what a story - I am new this this - just got my car in January - how did you know on FB the apparent reduced service??
Thanks

I saw it on the Tesla Owners Worldwide page - there is a guy on there who has a livery business w/all Teslas and he uses those superchargers often (and he knows I do, from past posts.) He had posted about Syosset, and posted a picture of him at JFK showing the plowed snow situation after the storm. He said 1A was down but 2A was working, I thanked him for the heads up. He probably didn't try 1B or 2B but I found out those weren't working either when I got there. I waited for 2A because I had time but once I plugged in, it was charging so slow I didn't bother since I had enough to get back to Darien when I got back from my trip.

It seems there is a delay for how long it takes for the reduced service to show up on the nav screen. On Wednesday when I showed up it wasn't indicated but it was when I returned from my trip on Friday. Not sure when it was updated.

There is also a Tesla Owners New England page you can join. :)

Bimbels -- fyi -- i noticed a new site coming soon on supercharge.info -- New Rochelle, NY. Should be a good option for your commute.

Thanks for the heads up, Tanker! Yes that would be another good option - and needed. JFK has been getting steadily busier and I'd been getting to the point of rethinking my charging strategy since I don't want to risk a queue. (I leave plenty of time accounting for possible traffic - 6 hours!) But I have hit that traffic and not been able to charge as much as I'd like for the return home. Maybe New Rochelle will alleviate that.

I saw it on the Tesla Owners Worldwide page - there is a guy on there who has a livery business w/all Teslas and he uses those superchargers often (and he knows I do, from past posts.) He had posted about Syosset, and posted a picture of him at JFK showing the plowed snow situation after the storm. He said 1A was down but 2A was working, I thanked him for the heads up. He probably didn't try 1B or 2B but I found out those weren't working either when I got there. I waited for 2A because I had time but once I plugged in, it was charging so slow I didn't bother since I had enough to get back to Darien when I got back from my trip.

It seems there is a delay for how long it takes for the reduced service to show up on the nav screen. On Wednesday when I showed up it wasn't indicated but it was when I returned from my trip on Friday. Not sure when it was updated.

There is also a Tesla Owners New England page you can join. :)
Thanks so much for the update!

Thanks for the heads up, Tanker! Yes that would be another good option - and needed. JFK has been getting steadily busier and I'd been getting to the point of rethinking my charging strategy since I don't want to risk a queue. (I leave plenty of time accounting for possible traffic - 6 hours!) But I have hit that traffic and not been able to charge as much as I'd like for the return home. Maybe New Rochelle will alleviate that.

IMG_3963.JPG
IMG_3964.JPG
IMG_3966.JPG
IMG_3967.JPG
Just stopped by. Construction looks complete. Meter installed but not running. Stalls all covered with caution tape. Should be very soon. Hopefully sometime this week.

Usually they put a wall of some sort around the transformers and related equipment. I don't think I've ever stopped at a charger with those white cabinets where you could see them and walk up to them. I wonder if there's still some fencing to be installed?

Usually they put a wall of some sort around the transformers and related equipment. I don't think I've ever stopped at a charger with those white cabinets where you could see them and walk up to them. I wonder if there's still some fencing to be installed?

That varies by municipality. Some require a fence while others don't.