Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Milford, CT - Boston Post Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove by last night, still not operational. Tape is still up but they did landscape a bit by putting these mini arborvitae around the transformers

2017-04-07 20.10.04.jpg

I wonder what the hold up is on this location. My conspiracy theory is that it won't be active until CT allows direct sales in CT. ;)

Not sure if you're joking or serious. The two things are really unrelated.

You're saying Tesla is going to hold the Superchargers, and all their customers (from all states passing through) hostage, until CT allows direct sales? What?

Also, it could be months or years before CT may allow sales. The SC is going to be dormant all that time?

Not sure if you're joking or serious. The two things are really unrelated.

You're saying Tesla is going to hold the Superchargers, and all their customers (from all states passing through) hostage, until CT allows direct sales? What?

Also, it could be months or years before CT may allow sales. The SC is going to be dormant all that time?
I think we should pay close attention to the winking emoticon at the end of the second sentence. It's hard to do deadpan humor (or irony) in text.....

Reactions: BigD0g
I was at the Milford service center the other day. I asked and they said they really only know about as much as we do about it. The service rep said they didn't even know it was being built until another customer inquired about it after construction began.

At this point, I'm hoping it's open before Memorial Day.

Also -- I know this is a little off topic but does anyone know the exact location of the Danbury site yet?? A few days ago I was driving around the Danbury Fair Mall and nearby parking lots looking for signs of construction but did not see anything. I hope that one gets built soon.

This seems ridiculous. How does Tesla not inform them its even coming...

My thoughts exactly. Perhaps they were keeping a very tight lip about it for some reason?? Or, maybe they really are not kept in the loop as much as we think they are. Similar to the way Apple Store employees claim to not know when the next iPhone will be released.

Just charged at the Milford CT Post Mall this AM... Noted that the 14 chargers are not yet numbered 1A, 1B etc. At peak I was getting 192 miles per hour (56F and warm battery) charge and was the only Tesla there the entire time. As of right now, the SuperCharger is NOT appearing on my S's Navigation system as a charging destination.

Went by there yesterday (Tuesday 5/2) and there were 3 electrician trucks and a model S with a guy driving it from Tesla. All of the rear covers on each SuperCharger Stall was off. When asked, they said it was entirely offline but would be online again in about an hour.