Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Milford, CT - Boston Post Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The I95 Milford supercharger has disappeared from my NAV. Anyone else? I saw an S charging on the South side today on my way home.

Maybe they’re trying to push new owners to the mall location with 16(?) stalls rather than the thinly-covered service areas with two stalls each. I hope they don’t turn off the service area ones, however. I prefer the quick on/off.

Reactions: st50maint and Dan_A
I also ran into the "missing" super chargers situation in Milford. I expected to use the service center chargers right on the highway but discovered they weren't on my nav map so I went to the Boston Post road location instead. At first I was annoyed but the Boston Post road location is very easy on/off to the highway and there are 16 chargers. There is a Starbucks and a Chiptole right there as well as a large shopping mall.

After thinking about it a bit more - the Boston Post road will be much more efficient overall as the single large site can service both North Bound and South Bound traffic - so the capacity will be easier to manage and much greater than the previous 2 NB / 2SB stall situation.

I do however wish they would do a better job communicating these types of changes.

I also ran into the "missing" super chargers situation in Milford. I expected to use the service center chargers right on the highway but discovered they weren't on my nav map so I went to the Boston Post road location instead. At first I was annoyed but the Boston Post road location is very easy on/off to the highway and there are 16 chargers. There is a Starbucks and a Chiptole right there as well as a large shopping mall.

After thinking about it a bit more - the Boston Post road will be much more efficient overall as the single large site can service both North Bound and South Bound traffic - so the capacity will be easier to manage and much greater than the previous 2 NB / 2SB stall situation.

I do however wish they would do a better job communicating these types of changes.

Ive used the bug report feature many times to report the SC as missing but obviously hasn't worked. I guess they are trying to push people off the highway for the reasons you mentioned?

It looks like the Milford I-95 superchargers are no longer present on the car's nav map, but they still show up on Tesla Find Us and one of them shows up when you search "Milford Supercharger". May be in the process of decommissioning or not advertising if they aren't generating revenue?

It looks like the Milford I-95 superchargers are no longer present on the car's nav map, but they still show up on Tesla Find Us and one of them shows up when you search "Milford Supercharger". May be in the process of decommissioning or not advertising if they aren't generating revenue?
My assumption is they are still keeping and maintaining them, just took them off nav because theirs only 2 and they want you to use CT Post mall superchargers.

My friend charged his Model 3 at all 3 Milford locations on 9-26-18.

He was billed $3.12 at the Boston Post Road supercharger.
The two I95 rest area superchargers were both free.

I drive by these stations a few times a week and occasionally will do the bug report that the SC are missing from the NAV. I've been doing this for months about 2-3x a month but no change.

I'll test the free SC this week and report back.

Reactions: Bighorn
My friend charged his Model 3 at all 3 Milford locations on 9-26-18.

He was billed $3.12 at the Boston Post Road supercharger.
The two I95 rest area superchargers were both free.

My assumption is they are still keeping and maintaining them, just took them off nav because theirs only 2 and they want you to use CT Post mall superchargers.

I drive by these stations a few times a week and occasionally will do the bug report that the SC are missing from the NAV. I've been doing this for months about 2-3x a month but no change.

I'll test the free SC this week and report back.

Check it out. I wasn't charged either.

upload_2018-10-11_6-48-57.png

We charged at the Connecticut Post Mall Supercharger site in Milford on December 27 for the first time. Reaching the site was not bad, and getting in and out was not difficult. About half the stalls were in use, so we started out in a paired charging situation. But the charging was fine, no issues there.
The problem was food. Not knowing the mall, we were not sure how to get into it or what was where. The most direct route into the building looked to be through a parking garage. We could not see how we would get into the mall from the garage, so went inside what looked like the closest entrance (via the entrance to Macy's) and found a directory. We knew we would be there for a while because we arrived with only 9 or 10% SOC on the battery. There seemed to be only two sit-down restaurants in the mall, and we preferred to avoid the food court -- we wanted something a bit better. The directory listed 2 or 3 other restaurants that were outside the mall itself, but did not show where they were on the directory's map. It was fairly cold out and I have a bad knee, so we were reluctant to wander outside to look for the other restaurants, and decided to eat in Bar Louie's, a place near where we found the directory. Service was incredibly slow. The food was very good once it came, but it was expensive, and the meal took us well over an hour. I kept notching up the required charge so that the car would keep charging and we'd avoid idle fees.
Obviously, anyone familiar with this mall would have been at an advantage.
So, good charging, but I recommend doing some reconnoitering to locate where you'd like to eat if that is on your agenda.

Yeah, the Carrabbas and World of Beer both closed. Hopefully they will fill those spaces with new restaurants. The mall entrance from the parking garage in front it kinda weird. The lower level has a regular entrance but the top level mall entrance is easy to miss and just brings you to a security corridor into the mall.

We always stop here on our way back from Long Island (returning to south eastern MA), haven't gone into the mall, we usually frequent the Chipotle and/or Starbucks for food and restrooms. Crossing the street certainly feels like frogger though!! Gotta be patient and pick your gap carefully then hustle! It's not our favorite SC, to say the least.

The future Old Lyme or New London SC's would match our anticipated SOC better and hopefully is well located with a crosswalk to nearby amenities.