Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Millersville, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Search and Status
Original Call Date: 10/08/19 02:36 pm
Company Name: BISCON AERO

DIG SITE INFORMATION
Type of Work: INST ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGING STATION
Work Being Done For: TELSA
Remarks: DESIGNER NOTICE
Address: 8198 Veterans Hwy, Millersville, MD 21108

GPS (guess): 39.116159, -76.635269

I found the utility location request for site design work for the Millersville, MD supercharger. If this one moves forward, it will be going in the parking lot of the Royal Farms gas station. I tried to find a building permit application for this installation on the Anne Arundel County permitting portal, but it looks like they haven't gotten that far yet. So, it's probably still a while before there's any actual movement on this one.

@Chuq @MarcoRP

Search and Status
Address: 8198 Veterans Hwy, Millersville, MD 21108

GPS (guess): 39.116159, -76.635269

I found the utility location request for site design work for the Millersville, MD supercharger. If this one moves forward, it will be going in the parking lot of the Royal Farms gas station. I tried to find a building permit application for this installation on the Anne Arundel County permitting portal, but it looks like they haven't gotten that far yet. So, it's probably still a while before there's any actual movement on this one.

@Chuq @MarcoRP
Ech. I was expecting a location nearer to the highway. It seems like just a coincidence as yesterday I was checking out locations on a map to see which location would best suit this pin and came across both a Wawa and Royal Farms at the cross of highways 97 and 32, located right at the Millersville pin on a map.

Well thanks for the info, will add both this and Salem on Supercharge Info!

Reactions: mociaf9
Millersville, MD

Along Primary Interstates: I-97
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-97

To: I-695/I-895 in Baltimore, MD - 5.8 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles

A location along the very short Interstate, I-97.

Is it possible for the location to change? There are a few locations right near the pin that would be good candidates. One is an unoccupied retirement home directly North of the pin on the map, up Cecil ave. Current land owners are looking to sell but the land may not be zoned properly. Also, the land catty corner from the Rt. 3 Rofo and Wawa is for sale and slated for commercial use as a strip mall. It's the old Greer well and drilling property.

There are also rumors of Maryland Muffler having to move due to AA county taking imminent domain to make way for an elevated bike path connecting the south shore trail across rt. 3 towards odenton.

Is it possible for the location to change? There are a few locations right near the pin that would be good candidates. One is an unoccupied retirement home directly North of the pin on the map, up Cecil ave. Current land owners are looking to sell but the land may not be zoned properly. Also, the land catty corner from the Rt. 3 Rofo and Wawa is for sale and slated for commercial use as a strip mall. It's the old Greer well and drilling property.

There are also rumors of Maryland Muffler having to move due to AA county taking imminent domain to make way for an elevated bike path connecting the south shore trail across rt. 3 towards odenton.
Doubtful. Tesla seems to have agreements in place with certain vendors. They also like to use vendors who have facilities for food and restrooms.

62E7CF21-CECF-4A07-B020-E127F3E8C579.jpeg

I imagine that it will be in back of the Royal Farms, in the sort of secondary lot behind the fenced electrical equipment and cell tower. Here on Google Maps.

Indeed, @mociaf9. That lot behind the cell tower seems suitable. Here’s a photo I took of that spot yesterday, August 1st. There are nine parking spaces along the fence on the left side of the photo. The cabinets would probably fit in grassy area to the right of the trees.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and Thinkje
Just checking back in, no activity there. I was curious, how it all works. Parcel 56 is owned by the lumber company. I expect they lease the use to the gas station. So does Tesla get a sublease through the gas station or directly with the lumber company?

I saw that right next door Amoco owned the land, now a lease back. Farther down Wawa had owned their own land, until the 2002 crash'd into a lease back agreement from a investment company. I've checked the cell tower, and ATT upgraded it to 5G and first net , so that's not going anywhere any time soon.

• Informative
Reactions: VT_EE
Nice find, Marco. That's certainly more substantive than the original site design survey linked in the thread opening. I would say a pin move is in order.

BTW, I went to look for any utility surveys or dig notices for the new Wawa location and somewhat surprisingly I didn't see anything relevant going back to the start of 2018.

Bit of a necrobump without a lot of juice, but I swung through the WaWa location over the weekend and there still doesn't seem to be any action. There *was* a big conex container in the back parking lot on the south side. I did not see anything that would lead me to believe that it was associated with the Supercharger, however.

• Informative
Reactions: Thinkje
I know this is an old thread, but just heard that the Royal Farms may be negotiating to relocate to either Hella’s Restaurant and/or lot right next to it. much larger lot than wawa . since RF was the original location, and they are a prime partner, anyone know if that was why Tesla cancelled? I wonder if RF told Tesla they had long term plans to move to a larger location To compete/keep up with Wawa. Here is to hope. hella’s lot is much closer to the off-ramp and could support a 12 stall or larger supercharger. honestly I was hoping RF would have bought out the truck stop at east west and veterans. Turn it into a semi mega charger site, and completely new RF building.

if Hella’s isn’t selling, and just a false rumor, I’d like to know that as well.

Last edited: