Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Milpitas, CA - Dempsey Rd (under construction Feb 2024, 11 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this one stuck in the permitting process?
Perhaps not. Nothing Tesla-specific, but what else could it be? Two sections of the parking lot have been blocked off with tall construction fencing: a smaller one along Dempsey Road and a larger one in the middle of the parking lot. It appears that trenching has started within the larger section. Like at Dale Hardware in Fremont, the tall fencing makes taking progress pictures more challenging.

IMG_1138.JPGIMG_1136.JPGIMG_1135.JPGIMG_1134.JPG

If the physical space is already blocked off and trenching already started does that count as construction or still permit stage?

To count it as construction for TMC and supercharge.info (which are two different co-operating entities sharing common criteria), we'd really like to see pictures of something that's Tesla-branded (like charger cabinets) or something that's obviously part of a Supercharger installation (for example concrete bases for the charging posts).

Otherwise it could be construction of some other EV chargers or something else entirely.

Bruce.

Is this enough to change the status to "construction"? Sorry for the quality--those tall construction fences make picture-taking a challenge. These are pictures of the smaller construction area, nearer to Dempsey Road. I'm thinking it looks like the transformer and Tesla switchgear cabinet will be in this area, and the charger cabinets will be in the larger area, closer to the charging posts.
IMG_1179.JPGIMG_1181.JPG

Is this enough to change the status to "construction"? Sorry for the quality--those tall construction fences make picture-taking a challenge. These are pictures of the smaller construction area, nearer to Dempsey Road. I'm thinking it looks like the transformer and Tesla switchgear cabinet will be in this area, and the charger cabinets will be in the larger area, closer to the charging posts.
View attachment 1020359View attachment 1020361

That's perfect, thanks!

Bruce.

Reactions: SR-75
View attachment 1020359View attachment 1020361
I had a chance to talk to the workers inside the fence. They confirmed that this is a TESLA super charger construction.

• Informative
Reactions: mgs333
Are they planning to install the superchargers in the middle of the parking lot? It's an unusual location since those are prime parking spots for actual Burger King customers, I'd imagine a lot of non-teslas will end up parking there and blocking the spots, though Teslas can park on the opposite side to charge instead.

• Informative
Reactions: DoItDiff