Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Milpitas CA - Great Mall (LIVE 20 Sep 2019, 20 Urban stalls, two areas)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla tried to sneak this one in. Great Mall south side between the Mall, Chevron and Great Mall Pkwy. Address: 447 Great Mall Dr, Milpitas, CA 95035

@BlueShift

Site is pretty far along with the DC fast chargers (Electrify America?) visually completed. Tesla has 5 charging cabinets and 9 pedestals bases, didn't see the 10th spot nor the actual pedestals to identify if urban or supercharger.

Google Map Location
Map 1.jpg

Pics around the site
1.jpg 2.jpg3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg
6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

There appear to be 2 permits for the superchargers which indicate it will end up with 20 charging stalls: B-EL18-0623 applied for 12/12/2018 and issued 1/25/2019:

GREAT MALL: TESLA, Installation of 10 supercharge cabinets

The other is B-BP18-0351 applied for 7/18/2018, approved 12/21/2018, and issued 1/25/2019:

GREAT MALL: TESLA, Install 20 electric vehicle charging stations at existing parking area across from Red Robin Burgers mall entrance. Installation to include 10 supercharging cabinets with 160kVA auto-transformers in fenced enclosure (9ft tall) with 2000A Main Service in a separate fenced enclosure (9ft tall).

I didn't realize this location is going to have 20 superchargers... wow. I relayed information to my cousin that this would only have 5 cuz I saw OP's post saying 5 Tesla Cabinets and I initially thought he meant stations haha. I'll still cement this as a perfect location cuz of the new buildings/apartments happening around Great Mall.

I'll go after work sometime this week or even today to get updated pictures

Last edited:
Wait, so is this location having 20 super chargers? Other threads and sites mention it's going to have that many.
It's clear that the building permit for the install called for 20 stalls and the hardware to support that many. But Tesla sometimes permits a site with a future expansion in mind. Or sometimes, the number of stalls they planned in their original/initial submission is different from the actual plans that eventually get approved but the permitting description doesn't get updated. Etc. And from the pictures that @Dag posted, it looks like they may currently be only building 10 stalls (i.e. only 5 supercharger cabinets on site).