Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When we head that way our destination is Little Rock, Now we do stop in Memphis for BBQ. Still last year we stopped and needed to stay for 3 plus hours to get enough juice to make it from Memphis to Little Rock. The J1772s only charged at a rate of about 18 miles per hour. The only reason we were able to have a short of a charge was because we left Sikeston with a 100% full charge. With the SC in Minor and Memphis we could do the whole trip in 1 day. Rather then over 2 days. The 1 in Minor makes it so we could do it in 1 very long day.

I live 7 walkable blocks from the 2nd location Central BBQ, and I have a 80 amp HPWC in the garage. I'm not on plugshare but PM me if you want 20 kW of electricity while getting some decent BBQ.

We drove down to Lambert's for lunch Sunday.

IMG_20160529_131159699 (1).jpg

I hope they are ready to turn on the power Real Soon Now :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am not electrical enough to figure that out. I took this picture before a grounds worker chased us away:

IMG_20160529_131313619.jpg

Could that be a dummy cover where a meter would go? At the St. Charles SC and Effingham the meters were on the backside of Tesla's enclosure but I wasn't able to make it back there before being routed.

• Informative
Reactions: jvonbokel
The SuC is being built behind the Ruby Tuesday. I spoke with the manager there today. She indicated the SuC should be complete by end-of-May or first week of June by the construction workers estimates.
This is terrific news. Just got back from a trip to Kansas City from Savannah, GA. This SC would have saved me miles. Had to route through Asheville, NC and Louisville to get there.

Reactions: Guy V