Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Minneapolis, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
City of Minneapolis Property Information -- Inspection Permits Detail
Tipped off by a post on the MN Tesla Club Facebook group page.

Target Parking lot

Address: 1600 NEW BRIGHTON BLVD 55413
Approximate Lat lng 45.004609, -93.229542

Looks like a good spot, the nearby Cub Foods and McDonalds are open 24 hours a day as well.

And to any other craft beer people out there, "Stinson Wine, Beer, and Spirits" just north; across 18th Ave NE; of this location usually has a nice selection of crowlers and misc. limited release craft beers from around the cities.

Last edited:
Seems likely but not sure - is there any more information available? "Tesla Energy Services" sounds like it could be solar/storage.

Are there electrical permits? I went looking for one on the site @mociaf9 linked in the St Louis Park thread but found that covers a different area.
Yeah, St. Louis park is its own jurisdiction. So looking there won't help you.

A permit pulled by Tesla Energy would be unusual for a supercharger, though not entirely unprecedented. I recall it happening at least once, though I can't remember which location. As to what this one is for, the link does say the following about its scope: "Soil disturbance associated with the installation of EC [sic] charging equipment for Tesla in the parking lot." I'm assuming the "EC" is a typo and should read EV.

Also, from the St. Louis Park thread, glenhurst said that the person they talked to on-site over there said that they had heard Tesla was also working on installing superchargers in Minneapolis proper at a Target store (presumably this one):
...there was a guy from an electrical contractor taking some measurements. ... He also said that a SC is supposed to be installed at some Target in Minneapolis proper (he didn't know which one) but that Tesla & Target were still working on the lease arrangements, so he didn't know when that would happen.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and MarcoRP
Yeah, St. Louis park is its own jurisdiction. So looking there won't help you.

A permit pulled by Tesla Energy would be unusual for a supercharger, though not entirely unprecedented. I recall it happening at least once, though I can't remember which location. As to what this one is for, the link does say the following about its scope: "Soil disturbance associated with the installation of EC [sic] charging equipment for Tesla in the parking lot." I'm assuming the "EC" is a typo and should read EV.

Also, from the St. Louis Park thread, glenhurst said that the person they talked to on-site over there said that they had heard Tesla was also working on installing superchargers in Minneapolis proper at a Target store (presumably this one):

Combined that's pretty convincing evidence!

Also - EC could be "electric car". Never heard that abbreviation used but possible.