Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Minneapolis, MN

gnavi

May 14, 2019
MN
City of Minneapolis Property Information -- Inspection Permits Detail
Tipped off by a post on the MN Tesla Club Facebook group page.

Target Parking lot

Address: 1600 NEW BRIGHTON BLVD 55413
Approximate Lat lng 45.004609, -93.229542

Looks like a good spot, the nearby Cub Foods and McDonalds are open 24 hours a day as well.

And to any other craft beer people out there, "Stinson Wine, Beer, and Spirits" just north; across 18th Ave NE; of this location usually has a nice selection of crowlers and misc. limited release craft beers from around the cities.

Last edited:

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Seems likely but not sure - is there any more information available? "Tesla Energy Services" sounds like it could be solar/storage.

Are there electrical permits? I went looking for one on the site @mociaf9 linked in the St Louis Park thread but found that covers a different area.
Yeah, St. Louis park is its own jurisdiction. So looking there won't help you.

A permit pulled by Tesla Energy would be unusual for a supercharger, though not entirely unprecedented. I recall it happening at least once, though I can't remember which location. As to what this one is for, the link does say the following about its scope: "Soil disturbance associated with the installation of EC [sic] charging equipment for Tesla in the parking lot." I'm assuming the "EC" is a typo and should read EV.

Also, from the St. Louis Park thread, glenhurst said that the person they talked to on-site over there said that they had heard Tesla was also working on installing superchargers in Minneapolis proper at a Target store (presumably this one):
...there was a guy from an electrical contractor taking some measurements. ... He also said that a SC is supposed to be installed at some Target in Minneapolis proper (he didn't know which one) but that Tesla & Target were still working on the lease arrangements, so he didn't know when that would happen.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and MarcoRP

Chuq

Jan 1, 2015
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Yeah, St. Louis park is its own jurisdiction. So looking there won't help you.

A permit pulled by Tesla Energy would be unusual for a supercharger, though not entirely unprecedented. I recall it happening at least once, though I can't remember which location. As to what this one is for, the link does say the following about its scope: "Soil disturbance associated with the installation of EC [sic] charging equipment for Tesla in the parking lot." I'm assuming the "EC" is a typo and should read EV.

Also, from the St. Louis Park thread, glenhurst said that the person they talked to on-site over there said that they had heard Tesla was also working on installing superchargers in Minneapolis proper at a Target store (presumably this one):

Combined that's pretty convincing evidence!

Also - EC could be "electric car". Never heard that abbreviation used but possible.

wca3g

Nov 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
Any update on Twin Cities superchargers? I'm headed to Saint Paul in the early spring and was hoping I could avoid paying a chargepoint.

Thanks!

A lot of the ChargePoint chargers I've used locally are free to use. Not sure of your specific local stay needs however, but I used those downtown before I had a wall charger at home.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC