TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Minneapolis, MN

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by gnavi, Sep 27, 2019.

1. gnavi

gnavi Member

#1 gnavi, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    City of Minneapolis Property Information -- Inspection Permits Detail
    Tipped off by a post on the MN Tesla Club Facebook group page.

Target Parking lot

Address: 1600 NEW BRIGHTON BLVD 55413
    Approximate Lat lng 45.004609, -93.229542

Looks like a good spot, the nearby Cub Foods and McDonalds are open 24 hours a day as well.

And to any other craft beer people out there, "Stinson Wine, Beer, and Spirits" just north; across 18th Ave NE; of this location usually has a nice selection of crowlers and misc. limited release craft beers from around the cities.

• Like x 2
  2. Bg2580

Bg2580 Member

• Like x 1
  3. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Seems likely but not sure - is there any more information available? "Tesla Energy Services" sounds like it could be solar/storage.

Are there electrical permits? I went looking for one on the site @mociaf9 linked in the St Louis Park thread but found that covers a different area.

4. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Yeah, St. Louis park is its own jurisdiction. So looking there won't help you.

A permit pulled by Tesla Energy would be unusual for a supercharger, though not entirely unprecedented. I recall it happening at least once, though I can't remember which location. As to what this one is for, the link does say the following about its scope: "Soil disturbance associated with the installation of EC [sic] charging equipment for Tesla in the parking lot." I'm assuming the "EC" is a typo and should read EV.

Also, from the St. Louis Park thread, glenhurst said that the person they talked to on-site over there said that they had heard Tesla was also working on installing superchargers in Minneapolis proper at a Target store (presumably this one):

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Combined that's pretty convincing evidence!

Also - EC could be "electric car". Never heard that abbreviation used but possible.

6. Dithermaster

Dithermaster Member

I was thinking same (and was jokingly thinking "pop" versus "soda" since it's the midwest).

7. starman27

starman27 Member

Now this is a good location. Plenty of places to eat/shop, and finally traffic going thru on 35W will have a good option that doesn't divert them.

• Like x 2
  8. dburkland

dburkland Member

Really happy with this location 1) It’s off of 35W but still close to downtown 2) It’s a few miles from my house :)

9. spnorth

spnorth Member

Also a big fan of them opening a site on 35W.

• Like x 2
  10. dlyle65535

dlyle65535 Member

Any update on Twin Cities superchargers? I'm headed to Saint Paul in the early spring and was hoping I could avoid paying a chargepoint.

Thanks!

11. tharasix

tharasix Member

We still just have the two operational: Oakdale and Robbinsdale. Both should be part of your car's navigation. If you're staying around the St. Paul area, the Oakdale Supercharger should serve your needs well.

• Like x 2
  12. R_Stephens

R_Stephens Member

Has anyone heard any updates on this one? This location would be really awesome for MN.

13. starman27

starman27 Member

Don't expect anything until the weather warms up in the next month or two. Rest assured, someone will post an update when it's live.

14. Snuffysasa

Snuffysasa Member

15. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

There's no indication that an actual building permit has been issued for this location yet.

16. wca3g

wca3g Member

A lot of the ChargePoint chargers I've used locally are free to use. Not sure of your specific local stay needs however, but I used those downtown before I had a wall charger at home.

17. Snuffysasa

Snuffysasa Member

Thank you for the info, on both threads

18. omega1

omega1 New Member

Has anyone heard an update about this supercharger? Drover's by there recently but didn't see anything to suggest they'll start building soon.

19. R_Stephens

R_Stephens Member

I'm in the area and haven't seen any activity lately.

20. Bg2580

Bg2580 Member

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Love x 1