Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Minocqua, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The large White Cabinet cluster on the right are Switch Gear enclosures. I don’t see the typical large green ground transformer. They might be using traditional pole mounted individual line transformers at the top on the power pole near the light green box though. That box is not a transformer. The meter box is on the end of the right white cabinet.
The 2 other white cabinets (paired with each group of 4 charging pylons) are the actual “chargers”, i.e. the AC to DC converters, load balancing hardware/software, etc. Note that the charging cable pylons and cables are actually just “dispensers”.

Here's a wider picture (courtesy of the Tesla WI Community). I'm not sure what if any of those white boxes are transformer/switch cabinets. Would love to be educated!View attachment 835393
1475D906-9C8D-4598-8CDB-73F49A712420.jpeg

Reactions: PStewart
Driving a rental ICE... I pulled up to take a picture and there was a guy in a beat up pickup truck already taking a picture. I rolled down my window and he bellowed over to me "You know what these are, don't you?" I replied that I did and that I am excited. He then went on about how they won't do well in the cold weather. I talked to him explaining otherwise and he politely listened. He was not dismissive and I hope he looked into electric cars when he got home!

Driving a rental ICE... I pulled up to take a picture and there was a guy in a beat up pickup truck already taking a picture. I rolled down my window and he bellowed over to me "You know what these are, don't you?" I replied that I did and that I am excited. He then went on about how they won't do well in the cold weather. I talked to him explaining otherwise and he politely listened. He was not dismissive and I hope he looked into electric cars when he got home!
Well, he IS part true. We can easily get to our cabin in The U. P. in the summer. Last winter we didn't push it when cold and snowy and took ICE car in Jan and Feb. This charger changes all that as takes off 60 miles on a 220 mile trip. Will be taking Tesla this year BECAUSE this charger makes winter better, but they still don't do good in winter as summer. So technically he is right.

And this charger is an example of the lead Tesla has in the Midwest. No way a Mach E could to that trip in the same conditions and no public CCS fast charge. Saw plan for EA and think it was 2025 or later until they got to the area. Maybe the IRA act will change that time line. Hope so but will believe when see it.

Next time just go into Trig’s grocery and ask to speak to the manager. Ask that person if they know anything about the hold ups or what the anticipated completion target date is. At this point the absence of the transformer and concrete pad for it is troubling. It will be placed in the Dirt island near the yellow ballard posts. More yellow posts will be set around it after its in position.