Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Minocqua, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, I never thought to look on Plugshare in that area. I'm in the process of enabling the CCS1 on my 2018 M3p. I've already purchased the official Tesla CCS1 to Tesla adapter from S korea. I'm just waiting for the next Software update to enable the required Gen4 Charge port ECU w/ DIY harness adapter.
Did you ever get the Software update and able to use your Adapter?

Did you ever get the Software update and able to use your Adapter?
Yes, it works great. Apparently Tesla will start doing official CCS hardware upgrades to older cars starting in Q1/23. I’m may see what to official update consists of and then decide if I want to do the there update. It may be as simple as the same charge port ECU I already have plus a minor software update to turn off the functions currently being addressed with the aftermarket harness adapter.

Yes, it works great. Apparently Tesla will start doing official CCS hardware upgrades to older cars starting in Q1/23. I’m may see what to official update consists of and then decide if I want to do the there update. It may be as simple as the same charge port ECU I already have plus a minor software update to turn off the functions currently being addressed with the aftermarket harness adapter.
A software only solution seems unlikely because…
1 - They would have already made the software changes before releasing the CCS adapter.
2 - They would not be talking so specifically about a shortly-upcoming “retrofit” (and even adding it already to the Service area of the Tesla app).

A software only solution seems unlikely because…
1 - They would have already made the software changes before releasing the CCS adapter.
2 - They would not be talking so specifically about a shortly-upcoming “retrofit” (and even adding it already to the Service area of the Tesla app).
Let me clarify,
20D778F8-08AB-45C1-8862-9357B091BCD1.jpeg
I did not say software only. I replaced my original Gen 3 Charge port ECU and Installed the Current production Gen 4 charge port ECU. This required adding the aftermarket Harness adapter to eliminate a couple fault codes associated with the Gen 4 Charge Port ( heated and internally covered) Tesla could simply update the firmware not to look for the fault signals in combination with adding the Gen 4 ECU to older Model 3 vehicles. This would eliminate the need for the aftermarket harness adapter.

Let me clarify, I did not say software only. I replaced my original Gen 3 Charge port ECU and Installed the Current production Gen 4 charge port ECU. This required adding the aftermarket Harness adapter to eliminate a couple fault codes associated with the Gen 4 Charge Port ( heated and internally covered) Tesla could simply update the firmware not to look for the fault signals in combination with adding the Gen 4 ECU to older Model 3 vehicles. This would eliminate the need for the aftermarket harness adapter.
I did mean “software only” *AFTER* installing the proper ECU. So, my 2 points still stand… Even if you installed the updated ECU (gen 4), a software only solution to avoid the need for the bundle of wires is pretty unlikely IMHO. Yes, it is probably technically possible Tesla could make it work with code tweaks, but based on the technical make up of the bundle wires, it doesn’t seem likely they could do this only with software without some “electrical“ and/or interoperability concerns. (Hence the plan for the physical retrofit they are already advertising.)
For the record, I have a 2019 Model 3, and I did buy the NA CCS adapter, gen 4 ECU, and bundles of wires, I just have not had a chance to install everything yet.

Reactions: Cyberjr and DMC5180
The Tesla tech that powered up Maple Grove MN recently said that he was scheduled to go to Minocqua soon but there was possibly an issue getting some part. It was a vague comment, but that might explain the delay.
I really hope there isn't a parts delay. I've heard that parts for supercharging are getting harder to come by, and when there is a delay, it can be many, many months. Having this supercharger operational is so important for this area of WI. As range drops in the colder weather, we need this location even more!

Just comparing the 1st post site plan view to the last photo, it appears they may have needed to set the transformer further back (to the right) in the last photo. If that is the case, it may have required re-submittal of the site plan with proposed changes. this could be the reason for the Delay in setting the transformer. Just speculative on my part. Looking forward to this being put in the OPEN column soon.

I really hope this SC is operational by Nov 1st. This is the time of year where range suffers in Wisconsin, and having this charging option is critical to being able to drive my Telsa for weekend get aways!
Spoke with Trig store rep. (715-356-9456) this morning and was told that there was a "part missing" and not expected until December or first of year. In other words, let's not expect it for Christmas.

• Informative
Reactions: starman27