Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Minot, ND

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I had to look into this hoping that this would get done this summer. Last Wednesday, I looked at the Minot Planning website for information on what they had done with the application. The November meeting was cancelled(not sure if weather related) and looked at the December meeting. No mention of any EV charging. Also looked at the January and February meeting minutes and again no mention of any EV charging. So finally called the city offices and after several transfers was able to talk to a gal that did have some info.
The people who first submitted the application had not gotten back to the city to move the application forward. Not sure that I want to try to speak to the people that put in the application to see what/why stopped them for going forward. All I can say is Minot does desperately need a DCFC station of some sort.
To reach the committee minutes go to the City of Minot Agenda Center - Agenda Center
Then scroll down to the Planning Commission. You can then choose which year that you want to see the monthly meeting minutes.
Stopped by on my way from Evanston Saskatchewan to Bismarck. No signs of construction as I expected given @bc_coyote's post. I wonder if he can find any updates on the permit's status.

PXL_20230902_151602867.jpg

Howdy folks. I live in Minot. Have had my 2018 M3 LR up here for almost four years now... Before there were any DCFC in ND at all. Surprised that this is first I'm hearing of a SC in Minot! Pretty exciting development. Will check out the proposed location and see if there's been any movement. Doubt it as it's been horrendously cold recently (-15 ambient temperature as I type this), but worth a look.

While any SC is nice, I do hope that they modify the location. Would be much, much better to place one near the Dakota Square Mall, about 5 min drive from the current planned location. There's not much near that Marketplace foods... 👀

Update: went by the proposed location and, no surprise, nothing to see there yet. Will keep you all posted if I notice anything 🤙.
Might be worth stopping and inquiring with the manager or owner of the Grocery store. Just say, you heard rumors a Tesla charging installation was being planned for the property, is that true? See what the answer is. If yes, ask if they have any estimates when it’s going to be installed?