Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mishawaka/South Bend IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dave, I would not trust Angola yet. It did not work for me yesterday (Sunday) and is not on the list of openings sent out today.!!!!

William13, your original post concerned me enough to e-mail ownership a couple days ago to make sure they were aware that it showed up on the in-car map before it was operational, but I got a response from [email protected] saying that 2 of the 6 connectors were malfunctioning at the time you were there. I'm just curious, did you try multiple chargers?

William13, your original post concerned me enough to e-mail ownership a couple days ago to make sure they were aware that it showed up on the in-car map before it was operational, but I got a response from [email protected] saying that 2 of the 6 connectors were malfunctioning at the time you were there. I'm just curious, did you try multiple chargers?

I was able to charge at Angola last night! More info when I get home on my normal computer.

Actually I tried 4 of 6 chargers. None I tried worked. BTW I had used the chargers in Mishawaka prior. I agree that two chargers just showed red immediately. The other two acted like they would work then turned off and said fault. There is an incline on the lot and it was very cold. I wondered at the time if it was an alignment issue. A twist and a turn might not work well for the very thick cords in the cold.

Side note on South Bend units at the mall:

I’m so used to 1a and 1b (and so on) at most SC places to be side by side that this stop tripped me up last week on the splitting your charge load with a peer. I usually take the spot farthest away (which at this SC was one closest to the mall) and there was a X and a S side by side on 2a and 3a. I think I was on 3b, plugged in and was on the phone and 5-10 minutes into the call kept going why am I only getting like 40-50KW/h charge with a warm battery driving for 2 hours from Indy. Then it dawned on me, I’m only getting the excess for the peer port. So a quick move over a couple spots to 1B since the end 1a was empty, and wham to 110KW charge and on my way in 20 minutes to home.